Sunday, March 24, 2013

Weekend Update

Besides Presley being brave and going to Layla's house on Friday night, it was your normal night for us. I worked a couple hours late and we just hung out. I took a nice bath with some wine and my book and went to bed! Then I actually got up and went to work on Saturday for a couple hours but I got a lot done so it was worth it.
Once I got home Steve went to Walmart while Piper took her nap and Presley and I did crafts and cuddled on the couch (while I read my book).  By the time Steve got home P was getting restless, which was good timing since the kids in the neighborhood had migrated outside. Steve took her outside and it wasn't too long before her and Layla made their way down to Laylas house to play! Then after a while they came to play at our house! Which I love b/c then I can see how Presley is with other kids. P is VERY bossy with Boston but Layla is the bossy one with P, I kind of like to see the tables turned. Layla is one of those kids who just says whatever she thinks, mainly b/c she is 5 years old and doesn't really know any better....but the brutal honesty that comes out of her mouth is SO funny!

Today Piper was up at 6:30. Of course, during the week I have to wake her up at 6:30 but on the weekends she is ready to get up by then. She SO badly wanted to fall back asleep after her bottle but she just couldn't/wouldn't. It is SO hard for her to get comfortable enough to fall asleep, it's frustrating. She wants to crank her neck so far back and she just can't do that in our arms or the swing and she wakes right up if you try to lay her in the crib. I think we eventually need to let her cry herself to sleep b/c this process sure isn't working!
I also think she might be working on a tooth! My mom said last week that her gums looked wider and now drooling, gnawing on things and now has diaper rash (which I remember the doctor saying that teething can cause diaper rash...weird, huh?). Time will tell.
Her eyes look blue, don't they?
I actually took a nap this morning once Steve got up...it is really only my second nap in the last 6 months and I sleep good! I got up showered and took a trip to Target by myself! Other than that, we didn't do a whole lot today, which was nice! Hung out, played, watched Piper jump like a crazy girl in her jumper! That girl gets jumping away and you think she just might spring herself out of it! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment