Friday, March 22, 2013

Crazy

Two crazy things have happened this week. My dad met his sister! Let me back up a bit.....my dad and his twin brother were adopted around the age of 8. My dad really hasn't wanted anything to do with his 'real' family. He hasn't kept in contact with them, didn't know much about them and didn't really care to. However, my uncle has. So it just worked out that their sister Mary was in town on Wednesday and wanted to reunite with my dad. Both of my parents went to meet and chat with her at my aunt and uncles house. My mom said it went really good and that Mary said her life is now complete after meeting my dad again. Isn't that so sweet!
So here is my Uncle Leslie, Mary and my daddy!
 
Crazy incident #2.....the infamous neighbor girl Layla stopped by tonight to see if Presley could come to her house and play.....P has a hard time playing outside without one of us with her, so there was no way she was going to follow Layla to her house (where she has never been) by herself. However, because Presley likes to shock the hell out of us.....she went! She said she wanted to go, so she put her shoes and coat on and followed Layla down the street to her house! WHAT?????? I was at work and Steve called to tell me this was going on...he was standing in the front door just watching her (benefit of living at the end of the cul-de-sac, you can see down the whole street!), figuring she would come back. She didn't! WHAT????? Steve gave Laylas dad a call just to let him know that she needed to be home by 7 and that she probably wouldn't say much or do much and to just let us know if she was freaking out and we'd come and get her. NOPE. Chris said that Layla wanted her to play XBox, which of course she doesn't know how to do (but give her the ipad and she is a whiz!).....do we have the only kid out there who doesn't know how to play on a gaming system? He said Presley was quiet and did alot of watching but that it went good. Steve watched as Layla and Presley sprinted back to our house at 7. It was awesome and a little sad, our little girl is growing up and she is only 4 years old and it breaks my freakin heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment