Monday, February 28, 2011
2. Shinedown - Simple Man
3. Daughtry - No Surprise
4. Bon Jovi - I'll Be There For You
5. Luke Bryan - Rain is a Good Thing
6. Linkin Park - A Place for My Head
7. Eminem - Yellow Brick Road
8. The Nadas- Worst Place I've Been
9. Track 11 - Dexter Freebish (yeah, we don't have this song named!)
10. Def Leppard - Love Bites
I kinda like this challenge!
Sunday, February 27, 2011
The Moellers, 2.5 years ago when we surprised the rest of the family with our pregnancy news! :) After an entertaining 'Thriller' dance for the family talent show, we stripped off our shirts to show our newly made tshirts!
You probably aren't an only child anymore. That makes me happy and sad for you. Happy b/c that means you have a sibling, hopefully one you like! This brother/sister will hopefully grow up to be one of your best friends and for that, I am excited. This makes me sad b/c I'm not sure how we can ever love someone as much as we do you. How do we take away our time and fun with you and split it with another baby? I know people do this all the time and it will all work out for us but at this moment it is hard to imagine.
Dear 12 year old Presley,
You are probably beginning to think that we know nothing and you know everything. You are wrong. We don't know everything either. Hopefully at this age, you still think boys are gross and want nothing to do with them (now how can we get you to think like this until you are 20 years old?)
I'm sure you are a funny, sarcastic, smart, beautiful pre-teen, but I hope you are a caring, nice and respectful addition to this world also. I can't wait for us to be continually proud of everything you do!
Dear 22 year old Presley,
Hopefully you have graduated college...unless you are still in college for some wonderful career where you need 10 years to make us all a lot of money! :) I hope you have made many great, life-long friends that you have made some awesome memories with. We are 100% positive that you will be a strong-willed, opinionated, successful woman and can't wait to watch you grow, learn and succeed. We love you and you will always be our baby girl, no matter how old you are! :)
Love always and forever,
Mommy and Daddy
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Then once we had Presley it seemed to be the easiest way to be able to share information and pictures with our family and friends who don't live here in Iowa.
I'm so bad about printing pictures and sending them out to people (I still owe my Grandma and Aunt, Presley's 2 years pictures). So I hope this is a good way to stay connected to everyone!
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Thanks to all my girls! Love you all!
Here are some of my absolute favorites!
- The Nadas
- Dexter Freebish
- Gavin Degraw
- Gary Allen
- Kelly Clarkson
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
- I'm proud of Presley for talking more in the last week. She actually tries to repeat us now!
- I'm proud of Steve for working his way up in his company. Which is great considering this company is less than 4 years old! This week he is starting on his second job site as the superintendent!
- I'm proud of my sisters for both being so strong thru everything they have been going thru these past couple months. I love you and we are always here for you!
- I'm proud of my parents for always being so understanding with all of us girls. For always willing to help and love us through anything and everything. We couldn't ask for for better parents!
Monday, February 21, 2011
P wearing my socks on her hands...b/c that makes sense?
Always wearing my shoes, for a 2 year old she can already walk in heels! (Look at those curls!)
People, I have receipts from 2009. Even if I could find the actual receipt I needed for something I bought in 2009, no place we allow me to return it anyway!
2) Pay off the last of our credit cards! Our tax return should be here in the next couple weeks and the final $1500 will be paid off!!! What a great feeling! Now we just have to keep it that way!
3) Sign Presley up for either toddler tumbling or waterbabies class for this spring.
4) For Steve: get the basement drywall finished and ready for paint!
5) Watch the Netflix movie that we've had for almost 2 months. Really it shouldn't be that hard to find 3 hours to watch The Aviator!
Andrea, we love you!
Sunday, February 20, 2011
We went out to dinner on Friday night and she was pleasant! She sat in her chair (she is so far over the highchairs in restaurants, we don't even bother) and ate her pizza like a big girl. Saturday P and I hung out and played most of the day (as she took blue crayon to the glider and ottoman in her bedroom). Steve was able to get some errands done and work on the basement some more!
Today we had a family get together for me and my mothers birthdays (a couple weeks late). It was a wonderful meal and nice to hang out with the family for lunch. Thank you everyone! Then while Presley took a nap and Steve ran more errands, I was able to get quite a bit done around the house! It is so nice to have a fairly organized home, even if it is only for a short while.
Presley is really beginning to repeat what we say and we are able to understand more of what she is saying (mostly in regards to food, LOL!). She will still repeat herself over and over again and look at us like we are dumb b/c we don't understand her, oh well, we'll understand eventually!
I will say Wolverine from the Xmen, for no real good reason. Hugh Jackman plays a super cute Wolverine and Holly has a friend named Dan who we have called Wolverine for years b/c we thought he looked like him. Dan is moving to California for work and Holly is very sad, his going away party was last night so Wolverine is on my mind.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
January 2010 - I would like to say Paris, but it's only Vegas. ha!
We love traveling and hope to be able to take P with us in the future to many different places!
Friday, February 18, 2011
1) Biting my nails! A terrible habit that I hate! I've always chewed them off, nervousness, anxiety, boredom, jagged nails that need smoothing, no matter what I chew them.
About 5 years ago I did make a effort to NOT chew them, and I did pretty good for a while. I just want long, strong, pretty nails!
2) Cracking all bones in my body. Fingers, toes, ankles, back, neck...doesn't matter. It feels good and I love it. I know my knuckle cracking bothers people around me that have to listen to it, but most of the time I don't even realize I'm doing it.
Monday, February 14, 2011
This was my birthday years ago!
Cindy, Lisa, me, Holly and Colleen
This year on my birthday: Jackie, me, Holly, Cindy and Samantha. We don't look that much older, do we? :)
I'm not creative, that's about it!
Good - as in Goodrich.
Good times, as in our life is good and fun. 24/7 party in this household!
Good times 3 - there are 3 of us? That's just a coincidence actually. I don't think I'll be changing the name to Goodtimes4, when we have another kid.
Now the hard part....15 interesting facts? I'm not sure I can think of 15 interesting things!
1. I still have the Cabbage Patch doll that I got when I was 8 years old. Brandon, he still has his original diaper on...taped on with masking tape.
2. I love psychic readings. Crossing Over with John Edward, love him on the Sci-fi channel. He was at our hotel in Vegas when we were there, I wanted to go see him but not for $250 a ticket. And Steve refused to go with me anyway. Though I did have my palm read in Venice Beach about 10 years ago and hated it! She told me I had no good role models in my life (WRONG! Have you met my parents??) and also told me that accounting was the wrong college major for me....she was right about that.
3. I played soccer in high school. That was back when girls soccer just started to get popular around DSM. It wasn't even a sanctioned sport for girls back then. I liked it! That seems like a long time ago!
4. Steve and I have been together 8 years and married for a little over 3 years. I remember one of the first time we went out (at the bar with other friends), he said (in his overly confident, slightly arrogant way) that he just wanted a girl that wouldn't sleep with him on the first night. He met me and I qualified! LOL!
5. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a soap opera, not b/c of drama but b/c it is a small ass world. On soap operas girls marry a guy, then his father, then his brother....just to find out that brother is actually her half-brother thru another mother!
For example...fellow blogger Nikki I know thru 3 different people. My friend Cindy, my friend Janelle and my sister Holly...how is that possible? B/c it is a small ass world. Another example, on our cruise we met 4 guys from DSM....before the Super Bowl party we stopped at Dahls and who was there? One of the guys we met on the cruise! Maybe it's just Des Moines that is small.
6. I went to the University of Northern Iowa for accounting. Two years into college I realized there was no way accounting was going to be for me. They have you manually figure everything out, now how many businesses out there do their paperwork by hand? There are computer programs for that! So I switched my major to Management. After being a manager at Von Maur I decided management is not something I want to do either. Too much babysitting. I just want to do my work and be left alone.
7. I've been driving for 16 years and have owned 2 cars out right. I drove cars my parents provided until I was a sophomore in college and I bought a 1990(?) Chevy Corsica, then 1 year after I graduated college I bought my dream car...my 1999 Chrysler Sebring convertible, it was purple. I loved it. We decided driving a baby around in a convertible probably wasn't the smartest thing to do so we upgraded and bought our Equinox. Love the car, but it's not my convertible and it's not paid in full! :)
8. I'm not crafty, creative or artsy. I want to be. I would love to scrapbook, draw or turn a piece of garbage into an awesome work of art. I just don't have it in me.
9. I've been working for 16 years and I've had 5 jobs...which I don't think is that many considering three of them were part time jobs while I was in school. I worked at Target for 6 years, Methodist Hospital for 2 summers, Dillards for 6 months, Von Maur for almost a year and now Wells Fargo for going on 8 years. I hate interviews and I don't like change!
10. I'm an American Idol junkie, loved it since the first season with winner Kelly Clarkson. I love seeing normal people succeed..and I probably wish I was able to sing too.
11. We want to flip a house. Of course, time and money is always an issue. We've done so much to this house in 4 years, it's almost like flipping it! We put up a 2 car garage, torn down the shed and fence in the backyard, tilled up the yard and reseeded the backyard, repainted the house, expanded the bathroom, repainted the living, dining, family, bath and one bedroom, resanded the floors and got new carpet in the family and bedroom. So we have the kitchen and basement left!
12. One of my favorite memories from when I was a kid is reading with my mom. We'd lay on my bed and I would read the right hand side of Little House on the Prairie and she would read the left. I hope Presley likes to read so we can do that together.
13. Three of the strongest women I know : my mother and both my sisters. They all have had their struggles and times of strength. They inspire me to be a better woman.
14. My longest friendship is with my friend Nicola. Our mothers are bestfriends so naturally we became friends also. We don't talk that much, but when we do it is always fun! Then I've got my girly, Colleen, we met in high school but actually became better friends after high school. My freshmen college roommate Cindy and I have been friends for 14 years now(that is crazy!). But the amount of friends I've gained in the last 10 years is amazing! I love them all and I hope we continue our friendships for years to come.
15. I only have one cavity and one speeding ticket. I've been pulled over once in my life for speeding....October 2007.
16. I never thought I would have 16 things to say and hopefully at least one person found at least one of these things to be interesting....but I also have never smoked ANYTHING in my life. I'm my mothers daughter! :)
day 1- recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
day 2- the meaning behind your blog name
day 3- a picture of you and your friends
day 4- a habit that you wish you didn’t have
day 5- a picture of somewhere you've been to
day 6- favorite super hero and why
day 7- a picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
day 8- short term goals for this month and why
day 9- something you're proud of in the past few days
day 10- songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, hyped, mad
day 11- another picture of you and your friends
day 12- how you found out about blogger and why you have one
day 13- a letter to someone
day 14- a picture of you and your family
day 15- put your ipod on shuffle: first 10 songs that play
day 16- another picture of yourself
day 17- someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
day 18- plans/dreams/goals you have
day 19- nicknames you have and why you have them
day 20- someone you love
day 21- a picture of something that makes you happy
day 22- what makes you different from everyone else
day 23- something you crave for a lot
day 24- your last five facebook status'
day 25- what I would find in your bag
day 26- what do you think about your friends
day 27- why are you doing this 30 day challenge
day 28- a picture of you from last year and now, how have you changed since then?
day 29- in this past month, what have you learned
day 30- your favorite song
Sunday, February 13, 2011
We have been able to figure out what she is saying some of the time...tonight we figured out 'I want more crackers...please'.....but of course it sounded nothing like that, mostly the first syllables of those words.
I should post pictures of the odd little things she was doing this weekend. Of course, walking around in any of my shoes or boots, is pretty funny to watch her try to keep her balance. Today she was walking around with my socks on her hands, then came out of the bedroom and had both of my socks on her feet. She stood there with this little grin on her face, like 'look at me! I'm so cool, I have mommy's socks on and I did it all by myself!'
I feel old, I'm watching the Grammy's and I don't know half the people they are giving awards to. Drake, B.O.B, Florence someone or other. Maybe I need to start listening to something other than country or start going out to the bars again.
Friday, February 11, 2011
Steve stayed home with her on Thursday and they cuddled and watched movies all day. A nice pajama day for them and good snuggle time for daddy! However, last night we felt like we had a newborn again. I think I ended up with about 4 hours of sleep, she just wanted to sleep with us and not in her crib.
She wants to play but doesn't have the energy. She has circles under her eyes, she looks and feels like she has lost weight. Makes me sad b/c I don't know what to do for her.
Please give us our old Presley back soon!
2. Do you have any tattoos? Nope, but I've been wanting to get Presley's name on me somewhere, if I can find a good font. Then of course, our 2nd kid would have to have a cool enough name to get tattooed on my body too!
3. Will you tell your kids about things you did when you were growing up? I was a pretty good kid and adult, so I won't have a problem telling some of my stories. However, we might want to keep some of Steve's stories a secret! ;)
4. If the traffice light turns yellow.....do you speed up or stop? I would say more then likely I speed up, unless I have Presley in the car.
5. What is your preference: chocolate or chips? Chocolate all the way! Chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake, brownies, chocolate peanut butter ice cream, mint chocolate chip ice cream.... I think you get the point.
Monday, February 7, 2011
For some reason my (extended) family has decided that after every Packer touchdown a shot of Goldschlager is needed. So we had our 'green and gold' shots with green shot glasses and Goldschlager and we were ready for the the Packers to score!
Ignore the babies in the picture with shots...just doesn't seem right! LOL! Sorry to Sam, Dan and Jared for only getting your arms included on the picture, we'll blame Lisa since she took the picture! Just kidding, haha!
Jackie and Holly
Me and my freshman college roommate, Cindy.
Thanks to all my girls who came out, high fives to the 5 of us who lasted past midnight! LOL!
Sunday morning, this girl woke up with a headACHE! It has been a long time since I've felt that way. Steve was nice enough to let me sleep in and take 2 naps! Which paid off b/c I was amped up and ready to go for the Packer Super Bowl party!
Hello Kitty was our theme this year. Thank you Target!
The nice overdraft on part of the house.
The wind was strong and blowing sideways...this is the snow that blew into the screen of our door.
Friday, February 4, 2011
My cirle of friends over the last 5 years has grown in sooo many different directions and I love it! No matter what happens, my girlfriends are there for me without question!
A friend will go out of their way for you, will support you during a tragic time, will answer the phone when you need someone to listen, will surprisingly send a birthday card...and I hope all these friends feel they can depend on me in the same way.
To all my girlfriends...I LOVE YOU!
2. What is the last thing you bought and then regretted buying? Usually clothes, I never spend alot of money on clothes for me or P. Sometimes I'll wear it once and not quite like the way it fits, or we buy something for Presley in hopes that it will fit next year...and it never does.
3. Have you ever had a prank pulled on you? Yes! The time I remember most was a Girl Scout camp on April Fools. We were eating hotdogs and someone put a fake hotdog in my bun instead. I don't think I even tried to take a bite but I was just embarrassed for some reason, that they would do this to me. They probably thought I would be able to handle it and it really wasn't that BIG of a deal, but I did not think it was funny!
4. What is your favorite theme park? I love amusement parks in general! I don't care if it is 6 Flags or Adventureland. I love roller coasters, the games, the food, the sound of the fun! I do hope to take our kids to Disneyworld in the future. I've always wanted to go and that is something I'm already saving for!
5. Have you ever seen someone give birth? Ummm, no. And I can't really say that I have a desire to. I know some people video tape the birth of their baby or have a mirror to watch, NO THANK YOU!