Monday, February 14, 2011

30DBC - Day 1: A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself

Me in Cozumel. I wish I could go back.

Now the hard part....15 interesting facts? I'm not sure I can think of 15 interesting things!

1. I still have the Cabbage Patch doll that I got when I was 8 years old. Brandon, he still has his original diaper on...taped on with masking tape.

2. I love psychic readings. Crossing Over with John Edward, love him on the Sci-fi channel. He was at our hotel in Vegas when we were there, I wanted to go see him but not for $250 a ticket. And Steve refused to go with me anyway. Though I did have my palm read in Venice Beach about 10 years ago and hated it! She told me I had no good role models in my life (WRONG! Have you met my parents??) and also told me that accounting was the wrong college major for me....she was right about that.

3. I played soccer in high school. That was back when girls soccer just started to get popular around DSM. It wasn't even a sanctioned sport for girls back then. I liked it! That seems like a long time ago!

4. Steve and I have been together 8 years and married for a little over 3 years. I remember one of the first time we went out (at the bar with other friends), he said (in his overly confident, slightly arrogant way) that he just wanted a girl that wouldn't sleep with him on the first night. He met me and I qualified! LOL!

5. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a soap opera, not b/c of drama but b/c it is a small ass world. On soap operas girls marry a guy, then his father, then his brother....just to find out that brother is actually her half-brother thru another mother!
For example...fellow blogger Nikki I know thru 3 different people. My friend Cindy, my friend Janelle and my sister Holly...how is that possible? B/c it is a small ass world. Another example, on our cruise we met 4 guys from DSM....before the Super Bowl party we stopped at Dahls and who was there? One of the guys we met on the cruise! Maybe it's just Des Moines that is small.

6. I went to the University of Northern Iowa for accounting. Two years into college I realized there was no way accounting was going to be for me. They have you manually figure everything out, now how many businesses out there do their paperwork by hand? There are computer programs for that! So I switched my major to Management. After being a manager at Von Maur I decided management is not something I want to do either. Too much babysitting. I just want to do my work and be left alone.

7. I've been driving for 16 years and have owned 2 cars out right. I drove cars my parents provided until I was a sophomore in college and I bought a 1990(?) Chevy Corsica, then 1 year after I graduated college I bought my dream car...my 1999 Chrysler Sebring convertible, it was purple. I loved it. We decided driving a baby around in a convertible probably wasn't the smartest thing to do so we upgraded and bought our Equinox. Love the car, but it's not my convertible and it's not paid in full! :)

8. I'm not crafty, creative or artsy. I want to be. I would love to scrapbook, draw or turn a piece of garbage into an awesome work of art. I just don't have it in me.

9. I've been working for 16 years and I've had 5 jobs...which I don't think is that many considering three of them were part time jobs while I was in school. I worked at Target for 6 years, Methodist Hospital for 2 summers, Dillards for 6 months, Von Maur for almost a year and now Wells Fargo for going on 8 years. I hate interviews and I don't like change!

10. I'm an American Idol junkie, loved it since the first season with winner Kelly Clarkson. I love seeing normal people succeed..and I probably wish I was able to sing too.

11. We want to flip a house. Of course, time and money is always an issue. We've done so much to this house in 4 years, it's almost like flipping it! We put up a 2 car garage, torn down the shed and fence in the backyard, tilled up the yard and reseeded the backyard, repainted the house, expanded the bathroom, repainted the living, dining, family, bath and one bedroom, resanded the floors and got new carpet in the family and bedroom. So we have the kitchen and basement left!

12. One of my favorite memories from when I was a kid is reading with my mom. We'd lay on my bed and I would read the right hand side of Little House on the Prairie and she would read the left. I hope Presley likes to read so we can do that together.

13. Three of the strongest women I know : my mother and both my sisters. They all have had their struggles and times of strength. They inspire me to be a better woman.

14. My longest friendship is with my friend Nicola. Our mothers are bestfriends so naturally we became friends also. We don't talk that much, but when we do it is always fun! Then I've got my girly, Colleen, we met in high school but actually became better friends after high school. My freshmen college roommate Cindy and I have been friends for 14 years now(that is crazy!). But the amount of friends I've gained in the last 10 years is amazing! I love them all and I hope we continue our friendships for years to come.

15. I only have one cavity and one speeding ticket. I've been pulled over once in my life for speeding....October 2007.

16. I never thought I would have 16 things to say and hopefully at least one person found at least one of these things to be interesting....but I also have never smoked ANYTHING in my life. I'm my mothers daughter! :)

1 comment:

  1. Pretty pic!!! I am happy I made the list!!!:) very cool! I may steal this idea!! Fun!

    ReplyDelete