Monday, March 28, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011
She loves blowing bubbles!
The hair is getting a little out of control again. We have gone from the mullet to the 70's Farrah Fawcett feathered hair and today with the wee-bit of humidity we had....the curls exploded.
P really wanted to wear my boots, but she wasn't able to stand up in them.
She is really wanting to go potty. However, she mainly just wants to walk around with no pants or diaper on. Not cool. Steve is really not happy about Presley new love for being naked. I actually bought some Pull-Ups this weekend, in case she was interested in going that route. Pretty much she'd rather not have anything on from the waist down. And I was almost in tears buying Pull-Ups for my baby. Probably the only mother wanting to cry in the diaper aisle. :)
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Today, St. Patty's day. We worked. :( We have always taken this day off from work and gone out. It just didn't work out this year. I was able to take my hour lunch and walk down to watch the St. Patty's day parade, which was awesome for 2 reasons! Holly was in the parade for being the Bacon Queen of Baconfest and there was a tribute float for Brendan! It was a rough day thinking about Mahoney in his Irish hat. Bitter sweet. I wanted it to be a celebration, but it just wasn't the same.
Tomorrow we have our first non-family babysitter (even though she really is like family!). Andrea agreed to watch Presley for us while we go out! However, now Presley has a cold and I'm not sure we should expose her germs. Plus Steve isn't feeling the best either. We'll see how our Friday turns out!
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
I learned that even my every day priorities are Presley and Steve, there are so many other people in my life that I can count on to always be there for me. No matter what.
I learned no matter how annoyed or crappy things can get....in the scope of things, it's not really that bad! Every challenge we encounter in life, only makes us stronger.
Since my 30th birthday, I've always said that 'life begins at 30, everything before that is just practice'! At that time I said that to make myself feel better (and b/c I actually gave birth the day after), but I really do think at 30 years old, everything starts to come together and make sense!
Monday, March 14, 2011
Me on our cruise leaving Miami.
Two changes that I'm pretty happy about....1) My haircut! I've had the same haircut for over 10 years and I love the new cut so much better than before! 2) I was able to lose 10 pounds at the end of 2010! Never thought it would be possible for me to be in my pre-maternity pants but I did it! (maybe I should mention that I've gained about 4 of those pounds back, but oh well!)
Two good things that didn't change in the last year....no cavities (I've only had one in my life) and no skin cancer! Now let's hope we can keep these two things going year after year! :)
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Saturday we did a lot of nothing and Steve had his night out on the town while Presley and I hung out. Sunday we were able to do more of nothing (which I'm sure I'll regret by tomorrow night when I have too many things to do!). I got free Iowa Energy tickets from work so the three of us went to the game this afternoon. It was actually a lot of fun and Presley did pretty good and seemed to enjoy it too.
Back to the grind with another week of work. Should be a busy week with spring break, St Pattys' day and the NCAA tournament starting! Spring is in the air! :)
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Whether I have known you 30 years or 6 months, it doesn't matter! Whether I see you once a week or once a year, it doesn't matter! So many memories and laughs with all of my friends, I love you all! Thank you for always being there for me!
I have the normal stuff: wallet, gum, pen, checkbook, pocket calendar and sunglasses. But then I have the 'other' stuff: mini purse with all my crap (sunblock, lotion, bandaids, tampons, extra ponytail holder), the 2011 Entertainment coupon book, the case with my regular glasses and contacts, and a large bottle of Excedrin Migraine.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
2) Happy Ash Wednesday! I won't be going to church and I'll probably be eating meat. Shame on me!
3) the girl loves peanut butter and dorito sandwiches almost as much as mom and dad!
4) 'If I Were A Boy' was a terrible song the first time around....there was no need to make it into a country song too!
5) Obviously not happy to be at Home Depot. Fun.
- CARBS - bread, pasta, mashed potatoes, french fries...I love them all.
- SWEETS - a bad habit that I've learned to control for the most part. I don't eat the Little Debbie snack cakes that Steve has in the cabinet, but I do always feel the need to eat something sweet after dinner. It could be a York peppermint patty (or 3) or a bowl of ice cream, doesn't matter.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
The only small thing I can think of that makes me different from my family....I'm the only one that graduated college out of the 5 of us. That's really all I got!
This is probably the hardest challenge! Yuck, can we pretend this one never happened?
Monday, March 7, 2011
The aquarium was great! It was nice and big, not too crowded but so cool to see all of these fish swimming right over you! It was similar to the Omaha zoo aquarium, but much bigger (and more expensive!).
The drive was pleasantly uneventful (unlike last year when Steve got a speeding ticket before getting out of town!). We did see a cop with his gun drawn and two 'suspects' on their knees on the ground on the side of the interstate. Shortly after, two other cop cars were speeding in the direction of the incident! Too bad we'll never know what was going on!
We went straight to IKEA to do some shopping and looking around. Bought a couple things. P was good for the most part. She is at a terrible stage of not wanting to ride in her stroller/cart or walk. She wants to be carried and that just can't happen with a 30 pound kid.
Our hotel had an Outback Steakhouse attached, which made is nice and convenient.
And then we were able to go swimming! The pool was nice and warm and there was no one else in it. Isn't she cute in her swim suit (thanks Murphy's!), she thought she was so cute! (and she was)
I'm confused about both of them. Won't this product burn any part of my body? and are straightening irons not allowed in Canada? Weird.
2) People who spell their kids names differently than normal (and I hope no one takes offense to this) confuse me. I understand wanting to be different (I named my kid Presley!). But sometimes when you change the spelling of a name, it doesn't make you different it makes you look like you don't know how to spell. There is no need to spell Jessica, as Jessyca.
3) A girl I work with, we'll call her Lily (even though she is nothing like a Lily) is going to Florida in a few weeks, so she is tanning. (whatever, I'm not going to start on my issue with that) Here is how the stupid conversation went....
Lily: did you tan before your cruise?
Me: we spray tanned but nothing else.
Lily: how did you not get sunburned? - (Really? This is a college educated, smart, adult woman)
Lily: but you were in the sun all day!?
Me: well, you put it on more than once! (and she looked at me like I was the moron!)
Lily: oh yeah, well I don't do that. That's probably why I burn! (laughing, like it's funny)
Please tell me people are not this dumb.
5) Steve and I are having a battle of the toe nail clippers. Over 2 weeks ago he used them and then left them on the bathroom counter...and there they have stayed.....and there they will stay until he puts them away.
My mom said when I was little she used to take away the toys that I refused to pick up. Do I pull this trick on a 31 year old? HAHA!
So here are the first 4 things that entered my mind.
1) Reading! I wish I had more time to read. Sitting in a chair on the deck during the summer reading a book is just so relaxing!
2) Donuts! Yes, food makes me happy, don't judge. Mainly jelly filled donuts with chocolate icing from Hy-vee. They are the best, anyone who wants to make me happy should bring me donuts!
Sunday, March 6, 2011
I could pick the obvious in Presley or Steve, but then I feel like I'm not giving credit where credit is due with my parents and sisters who have always been there for me.....but then what about my extended family and friends over the years who have helped mold me into the person I am today. I just can't choose. Sorry.
Maybe I'm blessed to have so many people in my life to love? So I won't complain.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
- Jess - my friend Lisa started calling me this at work about 7 years ago...and now most of the people work with now call me Jess...so she officially started it!
- JMO - Steve used to call me this before we got married (kinda like Jennifer Lopez being JLo)
- JGood - just a couple people at work call me this since my 'user name' on our system at work is JGood
- Bitch - does this count as a nickname? I think my sisters, husband and mother have all occasionally called me this! haha! It's all in good fun though!
Thursday, March 3, 2011
I'm glad there is no timeline listed on this. So these are in no particular order and no limited time frame!
1) have child #2
2) take our kids to Disney World
3) payoff my student loans (only 5 years left)
4) visit Graceland
5) road trip to the east coast in the fall
6) payoff both of our cars (2.5 years left on one, 4 years on the other! ha!)
7) swim with dolphins
8) travel to San Francisco, San Diego and Los Angeles
9) go skiing in Colorado (we have some trips to plan!)
10) raise happy, healthy children
11) watch my sisters get married
12) take a hot yoga class
13) run another 5k (it's been 3 years)
14) sing karaoke by myself (yikes)
15) flip a house
I think these are big enough plans/dreams/goals to have for now! :)
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Here are some of our new pictures!
"Look mom, there is an egg in here!"
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
well excluding this wonderful picture! LOL!
By far, one of my favorite pictures of myself. Not very often does it actually happen that I like a picture of myself (most of them look like the one above!)