Monday, March 7, 2011

Random

1) My hair straightner has 2 warnings listed on it. 1) This product will burn eyes. 2) In Canada, not for household use.
I'm confused about both of them. Won't this product burn any part of my body? and are straightening irons not allowed in Canada? Weird.

2) People who spell their kids names differently than normal (and I hope no one takes offense to this) confuse me. I understand wanting to be different (I named my kid Presley!). But sometimes when you change the spelling of a name, it doesn't make you different it makes you look like you don't know how to spell. There is no need to spell Jessica, as Jessyca.

3) A girl I work with, we'll call her Lily (even though she is nothing like a Lily) is going to Florida in a few weeks, so she is tanning. (whatever, I'm not going to start on my issue with that) Here is how the stupid conversation went....

Lily: did you tan before your cruise?

Me: we spray tanned but nothing else.

Lily: how did you not get sunburned? - (Really? This is a college educated, smart, adult woman)

Me: sunscreen.

Lily: but you were in the sun all day!?

Me: well, you put it on more than once! (and she looked at me like I was the moron!)

Lily: oh yeah, well I don't do that. That's probably why I burn! (laughing, like it's funny)

Please tell me people are not this dumb.

5) Steve and I are having a battle of the toe nail clippers. Over 2 weeks ago he used them and then left them on the bathroom counter...and there they have stayed.....and there they will stay until he puts them away.
My mom said when I was little she used to take away the toys that I refused to pick up. Do I pull this trick on a 31 year old? HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment