Sunday, February 27, 2011

30DBC day 13 - a letter to someone

Dear 4 year old Presley,
You probably aren't an only child anymore. That makes me happy and sad for you. Happy b/c that means you have a sibling, hopefully one you like! This brother/sister will hopefully grow up to be one of your best friends and for that, I am excited. This makes me sad b/c I'm not sure how we can ever love someone as much as we do you. How do we take away our time and fun with you and split it with another baby? I know people do this all the time and it will all work out for us but at this moment it is hard to imagine.

Dear 12 year old Presley,
You are probably beginning to think that we know nothing and you know everything. You are wrong. We don't know everything either. Hopefully at this age, you still think boys are gross and want nothing to do with them (now how can we get you to think like this until you are 20 years old?)
I'm sure you are a funny, sarcastic, smart, beautiful pre-teen, but I hope you are a caring, nice and respectful addition to this world also. I can't wait for us to be continually proud of everything you do!

Dear 22 year old Presley,
Hopefully you have graduated college...unless you are still in college for some wonderful career where you need 10 years to make us all a lot of money! :) I hope you have made many great, life-long friends that you have made some awesome memories with. We are 100% positive that you will be a strong-willed, opinionated, successful woman and can't wait to watch you grow, learn and succeed. We love you and you will always be our baby girl, no matter how old you are! :)

Love always and forever,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment