Monday, March 11, 2013

Super Sunday

Warning : this post is long....only covering 2 hours of our life. Feel free to skip unless you want to hear how fun bedtime can be at our house.

So Sunday night started at 8....time for P to go to bed. We always have to distract her from the real reason we are going to her room, we have to think of some ploy to convince her to head towards her room.....does she want to be carried like a baby or pretend to be a puppy? Should we skip or hop on one foot? Who can get there faster?
She informed me that I didn't get to read her a book, she was going to read me a book and then I had to leave.
I was not able to pick which book and she told me I would only get to listen and not look at the book. Ok. As you wish.
She read me the book and then decided I could read it to her. It was one of her 'big sister' books. We read it and before we got to the end she told me that she didn't want to be a big sister any more. She wasn't going to talk to her or make her laugh anymore! Ok, fine.
I told her it was time for me to go, she screamed NO and started hissing at me (this is her new 'thing' which I can't STAND!). Then she clung onto me b/c she wanted to cuddle, but it was time for me to leave. She freaked out.
Threw herself on the floor of her room, screaming, crying....waking Piper up. I went back in after a while. I said if she could be quiet for a couple minutes that I would come back in and check on her. She refused.
At this point it's after 9. We did this a couple more times. I told her I would lay with her for a couple more minutes if she turned off the light. She refused.
Then she kept screaming that she wanted to talk to me! So I asked what she wanted to talk about....she had "a cough. A really bad cough!" (her words).
Piper kept waking up with all of P's screaming and crying too. I listened to Presley call for me for what seemed like eternity. Mom. Mom! Mommy! Where are you? Mommy? Where are you? Mom, come lay with me! By this point, Presley had been crying, Piper kept waking up crying and I was crying...........she finally agreed that she would turn off her light if I layed with her. I got her calmed down and we 'talked'. She didn't want to go to sleep. She wanted her teddy bear and puppy. I was going to leave again and she was finally alright with that...but she couldn't decide what book to read to her teddy bear! Big decision!
I finally got out of her room about 9:45. UGH! She finally fell asleep about 10.

Then she was up at 5:10 this morning. Because she was scared of the dark. What? We had the same bathroom light on that we do every night!
Tonight, she went to bed about 8 with Steve. Getting her there was a little easier, there was minimal hissing. Steve got out of there about 8:30 and she has been in there for an hour, playing, singing and having a good time.....now if we could only get her to sleep! I guess we won't push our luck. Having her in her room not screaming at us is the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment