Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekend Update

So Thursday night we all went to Appare for a Cystic Fibrosis fundraiser! The four of us went with mom, Sam, Boston and our cousin Kelly. I love sushi so this was perfect for me! I'm a bad mom and didn't realize we didn't have a bottle for Piper, so instead of irritating the whole restaurant with her crying Steve took her home before we even got our food! Sorry baby!
When Presley and I got home Piper decided she was going to start rolling from her back to her tummy. She has been SO close for the last week, where you just want to poke her to give her that extra nudge that she needs...but now she is a pro. Every time she is on her back she rolls right over!
 
Friday Presley had mismatch day at preschool in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday. We had picked our her outfit the night before but when it came to actually putting on these weird clothes, she was NOT having it. We tried to convince her that everyone else would be dressed wacky, but she didn't really care. She wore a prettyoutfit, added a black tutu and then wore black socks with her red 'Dorothy' shoes. So in her eyes she did try. Steve was very disappointed in her b/c he gets so excited about these types of things and wants her to be excited about it too. Though the entire time I actually understood Presleys feelings about this....it would've been my same reaction, hesitation. The one thing Presley gets from me and it frustrates the heck out of Steve! Sorry again baby!
I picked the girls up from my mom's and she told me that Piper was rolling over and even pulling herself forward a couple feet!
That night we had a good family night! We put Piper to bed and the three of us layed on the couch downstairs and watched a movie. I think Steve and I feel asleep while Presley stayed awake!
 
Saturday I got up with Piper, too early at 6:30 but I did get to see her pull herself about 6 feet across our family room! Crazy and a little sad! I got to meet my friend Colleen for brunch, it was so nice to sit and talk with no kids! Thank you Colleen!
By the time I got home it was time to lay Piper down for a nap and then Presley and daddy went outside to play in the snow with the neighbors. I did some laundry, dusted, and actually filled out pages of Presley's and Piper's baby books!
Later that afternoon we made a trip to Valley West mall mainly to get Presley's hair cut, she hasn't had it cut since June and the fuzzy mullet was due for a trim! We got home and then I got ready to meet some friends for dinner and drinks at Dos Rios! I met Amy (who I work with), Rachel and Amanda (who I haven't seen in years!) and Laura and Kate (who I didn't know), it was fun! Lots of laughs, stories about kids (I think the jury is still out on who has the worst kid, I think it's possible that Preston and Berkley have Presley beat there) and husbands and even vacuum cleaners! :)
 
Today I got to sleep in for a while and when I got up, Steve and Presley had made hashbrowns and pancakes for breakfast! Thank you guys! We watched the movie Bolt on tv, Piper fell asleep on the couch with me and Steve and P headed downstairs (b/c she CANNOT leave Piper alone when she is sleeping!) The movie was actually pretty cute!
When the movie was over Steve headed to Walmart and Presley and I got out her craft box to keep her occupied and away from sleeping Piper!


 
After Steve got home he took P outside to burn off some energy b/c that girl gets crazy if she is couped up too long. Piper and I hung out, did more laundry, paid bills...you know, really fun stuff!
 

 
Three oclock hit and we started to lose control of Presley. She was tired. She was up at 6:30 this morning, which is way too early for her on the weekends. A couple time-outs for hitting, kicking or just screaming at us. She was allowed to come out after 4 minutes and apologize. One time she came back out and said she wasn't going to talk to me ever again. Ok. Then she decided that she wanted some quiet time in mommy's room while watching Rio. Deal!
 
We ordered pizza tonight and Steve made some chicken wings on the grill, you know how embarrassing it is to have your four year old screaming no at you when the pizza guy shows up. Awesome.  She refused to eat most of her dinner and then we saw some deer in the backyard and that distracted her even more.
Early baths and then some play time before she once more screamed at me and hit me. Goodnight. I was done dealing with her and her attitude. Piper was asleep by 7:30 and Presley resisted, cried, screamed, pouted and sleep finally took over about 8.
So here is to a brand, new week of good, happy,and healthy kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment