Sunday, March 17, 2013

Weekend Update

So a week ago I was told to cut off working overtime at work...not that I have really been working that much anyway. I knew it was going to be short lived, usually March is the month it starts to get busy again and there is spring break so many coworkers have next week off. Sure enough, Thursday morning I was told I could work some overtime if I wanted to. I actually have two days off this coming week and I knew I had a lot of work to do so I worked a couple hours late on Friday night. I thought about going into work on Saturday too but we already had a busy day so I dismissed that idea about 6 am!
Saturday I had a bridal shower to go to for my sister-in-laws sister, Steph. It actually wasn't too bad. Most people hate these things but they made it nice and simple, mimosas and no games! :) I got home about 1, picked up Presley and ran some errands while Steve did some cleaning before our company came over.
Matt, Brandon, Kyle, Nick and Sarah all came over to hang out and have a couple drinks before they went out on the town. Presley was SO good. She talked to them, played games and soccer with them...it was surprisely nice to have her be good and social! Piper on the other hand.....was not as pleasant. I don't think she enjoys the excessive talking and laughing that goes on when there are alot of people around and I think she was having some stomach issues (which would explain her blow out today!). She whined and cried alot, didn't want to eat or go to sleep. Steve and his peeps left a little before 9, Piper didn't go to sleep until 9:30 and P about 10:15...but she was good so I was fine with it! :)

Piper woke up at 5:30 this morning! 5:30?! Of course, Steve and his friends didn't go to sleep until almost 3 so there was no way I could have her out in the family room where she could/would wake up everyone! So I kicked Steve to the couch and Piper and I hung out in our bedroom. She had a bottle and surprisely fell back asleep about 6:45! Thank goodness! A little before 9 she woke up again but I was thrilled to get another 2 hours of sleep AND everyone else in the house was still sleeping, including Presley!
We got ready and headed to the mall/Target. The Easter Bunny was there and P said she would sit on his lap if Piper did.  We didn't even try b/c I knew it would never happen, maybe next weekend...she does keep surprising me! She did however ride the train! People, she rode the train without me (or Boston) being with her! By herself, she gave the girl her dollar and climbed in! I was SO proud, I had tears in my eyes! This is just not the Presley Pie we are used to and she has grown up so much and become more independent and social in the last 6 months it is crazy! I love it....but it makes me so sad b/c I realize how much she is growing up!

Anyway the last couple hours have included Piper and daddy taking naps, Presley playing and watching a movie and me doing laundry and watching Love it or List it (one of my new addictions).
One day of work and then we are off for two days! Can't wait! and an early thank you to my mom for taking the kiddos while we are gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment