Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Snow, snow, snow

So our nice little dusting of snow turned out to actually be a SNOW STORM. Nice huh? Man, I wish I could do my job with the quality that these meteorologists do! So with some slow cautious driving we've made it thru the last two days. I took P to gymnastics last night, she loves it! I'm not being biased when I say that she really is the best behaved kid in class......sure, there were only 4 kids in class but whatever.
Tonight I took P to soccer! Steve has taken her the last 2 weeks and he wanted to get the snow blowing done so I got off work a little early to take her. She did SO good! I was so proud of her! There were three kids (including P and B) and she was the only one who participated the whole time. She tried hard, she had fun and she did good! It is so awesome to watch her become more comfortable with her surroundings! I just love it! Makes me realize how much she is really growing up!
Poor Piper. We have been giving her cereal at dinner so tonight I decided to try to add some baby food into the mix to see what happens. Peas. I gave her most of her cereal and then tried to mix the rest of the cereal and peas tonight....you know, to try to diminish the potency of the peas. She was NOT impressed! She shuttered, shook her head and then started literally gagging. The poor thing couldn't even make herself swallow it! So we'll crack this up to being first-time-food-tasting and try a little more tomorrow night.

Side notes :
- I'm a big American Idol fan. I always watch it, every season. I think it is ironic that some people aren't watching it b/c they don't like the judges this year....but aren't we watching the show for the contestants?! Also, most people don't like Nicky Minaj on the show and I never expected to like her. I actually do! I don't always agree with her but I think she is kind of funny!
- So it has been two weeks without Facebook. What I miss the most is the announcements, people having babies, people who just had their babies, people getting engaged or married.....that is the stuff I miss, that I feel out of the social loop on. But for the most part, I really don't miss most of the posts. Especially during these last 2 snowstorms, b/c I'm sure 90% of the posts were ALL about the weather, blah blah blah.
- April told Steve on Monday that Presley is always good for her and she can't imagine her being bad. What? Excuse me? But you know what, that goes along with her being the best behaved in gymnastics and I'm sure in preschool too....she does what she is supposed to. She listens, she doesn't get in trouble or talk when she isn't supposed to. I hope she keeps up this attitude in school forever!
- Did anyone watch the Oscars on Sunday? I did, I never really care about the Oscars b/c I never watch movies but I was interested this year for some reason. I thought Seth MacFarlane was funny, sure he was crude and wrong on so many levels but people need to lighten up and have a sense of humor!
- I'm a bad friend. I missed two of my friends birthdays and you know my excuse? B/c I didn't have Facebook to remind me, isn't that sad! So here is a shout out to Lyndsi and Lisa....sorry guys! Hope you both had great birthdays and we'll definitely need to do dinner again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment