Saturday, February 23, 2013

Th/F/S

Well, we all survived the winter storm. I think this storm kinda faded as it hit DSM b/c it wasn't nearly as bad as they made it out to be. I thought it was funny that kids were getting out of school early and it hadn't started snowing yet. Alot of people went to work early so they could leave early to miss the snowy drive home. It finally started snowing about 3, when I left work at 4:30 it was snowy and there was hardly any traffic! Thank you everyone for going home early, making my drive much more enjoyable!
I woke up Friday with a headache and a sore throat. I felt like I was getting sick again! I just got over my cold there was no way I was getting another one. I don't do that! I made it thru the day, toughed it out and went to bed early!
 
I woke up this morning barely being able to swallow and with another headache. Steve left to help Kyle and Maggie move so I had no choice but to suck it up and deal with it. We just hung out in our pjs. Then Layla stopped by to see if Presley wanted to come out and play. Layla is 'that' girl in the neighborhood. She is 5 years old and walks door to door looking for a friend to play with. She is outgoing with no filter. Presley didn't want to go outside until Steve got home, so we told Layla she would come out but it wouldn't be until after her daddy came home. Layla suggested that she just come inside and play with Presley. (since we were all still in our pj's and all just getting over being sick, I just wasn't up for that...but thanks for offering Layla). We said that Presley would be outside later and said goodbye. Layla stood at the window looking inside. Ok child, time to leave.
 
Steve got home and we finally convinced P to go outside. She won't wear snowpants! If she has to wear them she doesn't want to play outside! So fine, whatever. They got the sled out and had a blast!
We have the perfect spot right in the middle of the yard between our house and the neighbors house, she could go fast and far enough to have fun and not get scared!
 

 


Even Piper enjoyed the sled and snow....for about 30 seconds. (Mainly so I could use the snow suit for the 2nd time in 5 years. So now it has been used a total of about 3 minutes)
 
I finally started feeling better this evening, but still feel like I'm getting sick. This can stop, I'm over it. Miss Piper is feeling better and has been sleeping back in her crib the last couple nights. She's been having her cereal at dinner time with us and is doing pretty good with it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment