Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Yuck

Well, Miss Piper is still yucky.  Steve woke up with her all night b/c she just doesn't sleep soundly and can't get comfy and can't breathe and wants the pacifer. So we decided to take her to the doctor since the weather is supposed to get crappy on Thursday we didn't really want to wait and have her get worse. Even though we knew it was probably just a cold, you never know about ear infections. So for the third time in three weeks we went to the doctor and she just has a cold! Ears looked good, her weight was up (just from a week ago), they said to try to have her sleep semi-upright, like we have been doing with her bouncy seat and that it will probably last about 5 days. So we'll just wait it out, I am still happy that we took her, just to ease our worries.
I must say this whole 'cold', being sick think sucks. I'm so used to my friends and their kids being sick and being thankful that we didn't have to deal with all that......now it's us. And I must say, I like it better when it is everyone else! No offense to my friends, I would never wish sickness or sleepless nights on you but if you could take some of these germs back, that would be awesome! LOL!

We were supposed to have gymnastics tonight. Presley fell down in the driveway while getting into the car and the world ended. Life as we know it was doomed. The tiny scrape of the knee, sent her into a whirlwind of tears and screaming. We got to gymnastics and she refused to go. Every time I opened the door to get out of the car she freaked out. We sat in the car for 15 minutes, me trying to bribe her, make her laugh, take her mind off of her poor, poor knee (I suggested that we just cut it off, she didn't think I was funny). So what was I supposed to do? I wasn't going to carry her in kicking and screaming and crying, I can't force her to participate....so we agreed no McDonalds for dinner (which is our usual Tuesday night treat) and no movie when we get home (when she is tired or sick, aka sad and pathetic, she just wants to sit and watch a movie)....so we headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment