Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Goodbye Facebook

Yes I gave up Facebook for Lent. Normally I'm not a very good practicing Catholic, in fact, we don't practice anything religious (except our praying at bedtime with Presley but we'll give credit to preschool for making her a well-rounded 4 year old christian child). I don't go to church, I eat meat on Fridays during Lent (and will continue to do so) but I decided to give up something this year. Mainly b/c FB has become too much of a focus. I check it at work, on my phone, at home. It's really not necessary. Sure, I love being nosy, but do I really care who is going to work out this morning, where someone went out to dinner or who is having relationship problems over and over again? Again, I am nosy, so that is why I enjoy FB but in the grand scheme of things I really should be doing something more productive.
Of course Steve thinks I'll just play computer games. I go through phases of playing games and I'm hoping I can kick this habit too. I'm trying to get more reading done, I want to work on my photo books of the last 2 years (b/c no one has photo albums anymore!) and really, I want to play more. Without this distraction, I'm hoping to enjoy more individual Presley play time and hopefully the weather will be getting nicer and we can spend some more time outside!
I hope none of my friends or family don't take this the wrong way. I do love seeing pictures of your kids, I do love wishing people happy birthdays, I love being able to comment or make sarcastic remarks, or 'liking' statuses and photos.
My guess is that by the end of Lent I will realize there are a lot of FB people I need to delete....clean out my list of 'friends' and hopefully FB will just become something I will check every other day (at night when the kids are sleeping)! LOL!
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment