Friday, February 8, 2013

Week of germs

So we started out the week with Piper beginning to feel better and sleeping better! Monday Presley started coughing...runny nose, waking up in the middle of the night. The coughing was bad enough that we didn't go to gymnastics on Tuesday night. Wednesday she went to preschool b/c she didn't have a fever but by that night I was starting to feel the sickness hitting. My neck and shoulders were getting very achy and I could just 'feel' the cold in my head, know what I mean? But I still met Lyndsi and Lisa out for dinner and drinks! It had been SO long! Lyndsi and I realized that it has been a year since we have seen each other! So sad for living in the same city!
Yesterday P's woke up with a crusted shut eye. Not good, I called the doctor and they agreed that it sounded like pinkeye and we should bring her in. Sure enough, pinkeye and a double ear infection. Booooo! I'm very glad we took her in but was bummed that we had to miss going to soccer with Boston that night (to check out the soccer program) and we missed the 'teddy bear picnic' at preschool today! Presley didn't seem too disappointed though.
It has been a pain in the butt to get her to take her medicine! They eye drops are a joke. We have to hold her down and pry her eyes open to get a drop in there! It sucks!
Then the medicine they gave her for her ears is grape flavored. She says she doesn't like grape flavor...whatever kid! She refused to take it until Steve told her that we had bubblegum flavoring (aka red food coloring), then she decided it was good! Now her favorite medicine flavor is banana (aka yellow food coloring)!  She wants to take her medicine now!
I still feel like poo, but I'm thinking it is my semi-annual head cold. I'll just suck it up and move on. Work still needs to be done, family still needs to operate...I'll just go to bed a little earlier.
We have no real plans for this weekend, so I'm thinking a little relaxation and deep cleaning will be in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment