Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Deep Thoughts

- Presley likes to be independent and do things herself, her new phrase "I do it my own self"! Or we'll ask her where she learned something "I learned it from my own self!" LOL!

- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that we 'pray' before bedtime. She says her little preschool God, Our Father prayer and it is the cutest thing ever!

- I have been reading some, the books seem to all be along the same story line....nice girl, bad boy, fall in love, yada, yada, yada...I might have to change up my genre of books soon.

- Presley said to me tonight "Mom, I think when it is summer out that you can take a day off work and we go swimming and then get white ice cream after we swim" I told her that sounded like the perfect summer day!

- She also thinks now that she is 4 years old that she has grown. She'll stand next to something shorter than her and say "When I  was three I was only that tall" Like she suddenly became taller now that she is SO MUCH OLDER!

- On Saturday Steve asked her if she knew where she had to go for daycare the next day (teasing her since it was Sunday), she said Aprils? Gammas? And he asked 'what is better than going to either of those places'? (thinking she would say that staying at home with mom and dad).....She looked at him and said "Disneyworld?". LOL! Well, she is right that probably would be better Aprils, Gammas or staying home!

- Steve and I might go see a movie this weekend. What? Me see two movies in one week?! That has to be a mistake! :) I want to see Safe Haven and it is my birthday/valentines day 'date'! Steve said that Julianne Hough is hot and he liked The Notebook, so he agreed we could see this one.

- Have I mentioned how much I hate the gun control talk? I don't like guns. No, I don't think we should take away everyones guns. No, I don't think we need to have assault, high power rifles out there either. There is just no need for them. I think the problem with the school and mass shootings isn't b/c we need stricker gun control laws or looser gun control laws. I don't think if teachers had guns that it would prevent these school shooting from happening, I don't think if I was able to carry a gun into a movie theater with me that I would be safer. I think the problem is society in general. We have SO little tolerance and understanding. We are so mean to each other. Parents are too busy or focused on other things that sometimes they don't want to admit or see when their child has a problem and is reaching out for help. Life is hard, it isn't fair and sometimes it sucks! We have to be able to help each other and to be able to reach out and ask for help. Kids don't know how to communicate besides text messages and social media sites. They don't have to pick up the phone and talk to people, they don't have to actually pick up a pen and WRITE something. Do we expect them to know how to actually ASK for help?

- I also hate how people talk bad about the President. No matter who the president is, people think they are out to destroy the world.  These people work hard, they are passionate about their beliefs (as are most people) and again, people are mean and not understanding. Do people really think that Obama is trying to completely sabotage our economy? Of course he isn't. He just has a different idea of how we should do things. Heck, I'm not sure any president is going to do everything perfectly, so why do we always expect them to?  I'm not sure why anyone would want to be president, that job would SUCK!

- Well there is my political rant....that is the most you'll get from me. I won't argue or debate politics b/c I hate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment