Friday, February 1, 2013

There is something about daddy's and daughter's

Our week started like any other, with the unexpected. Piper not being herself, Steve not having a whole lot of work to do so he basically worked for home doing some online OSHA training and Presley....being Presley, so that in itself is unexpected.
Steve took her to gymnastics on Tuesday night, I'm usually the one that takes her so he was impressed to see how much she has improved. She has been going for almost a year now and has learned alot!
This week was full of crazy weather! Sunday we had ice, Monday intense fog, Tuesday thunderstorms and then 5 inches of snow on Wednesday! I went into work late b/c I'm just not comfortable driving in the dark thru snow on roads that have no curbs or shoulders...just mailboxes and ditches! I had planned on working late that night anyway, so Steve picked up the girls. I got home about 7, Presley was in the tub, Piper was taking her quick evening nap and dinner was in the over! Sorry ladies, he is all mine! :)
 
Today I got to join Presley's preschool class. It was her snack day and during the 2nd half of the school year a parent gets to join, have fun and help out! I was excited to see her in the preschool surroundings but concerned that she would cling to me the whole time. She did great, she listened well and is one of the better behaved kids (and I'm not being biased!). It was so cute to have all the little kids excited to have me there too! It's amazing how some kids are not afraid of strangers (totally unlike Presley and her stranger danger)! I got to hold hands with Penelope, Emerson showed me everything she did, Gabi sat on my lap, I got a hug from Leah, Parker wanted to play magnets with us and Kain was just flirting with me while we sat in the reading circle! It was fun! Steve will get to go with her next time I hope he enjoys his time there as much as I did!
 
Tonight was the daddy/daughter dance! A friend of ours had taken his daughter the last couple years and I thought this would be a good year to join them! So Steve and P met Chris and Bridget at the zoo for their 'date' night.
Steve was super excited, I think even more excited than Presley was. She finally got excited tonight when she got to dress up and when she got her 'present' from daddy. A red heart necklace and red bows for her hair. They were too cute!
There is just something about daddy's and their daughters! Daughters make their daddy's more sensative, more emotional, more patient and so much more lovable! Thank you Steve for being such a great daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Love these photos! And you are so right! There is something special with daddy's and daughters! Love it! It is so awesome Steve did that with P!

    ReplyDelete