Friday, December 14, 2012

Week o' fun!

Well this has been my last full week of maternity leave. Boo hiss (as P would say)! And a busy week at that! Monday was our first day that Steve dropped Presley off at Aprils house for daycare. Mondays and Thursdays are going to be his days, I'm sure he is pumped for this new morning responsibility.  Presley seems to like riding in daddy's work truck!
Tuesday I met my mom at the mall so P and Boston could ride the train together, it was fairly early so Santa wasn't there yet, which was fine b/c neither one really wanted to see him. Then we all we to lunch at Perkins and then P went home with grandma for the afternoon. That night P had gymnastics, Steve wanted to take her this week b/c he hadn't seen her do it in a while which gave me the perfect time to get my Christmas cards done!

Wednesday I decided that Presley and I would have a 'big girls' day out, so we took Piper to grandmas and after preschool we headed downtown and had lunch with my friend Sarah and then we to the Science Center. I figured it wouldn't be busy (so she would like it!) and it would be something different than us just going to the mall. We had a good time! Of course she is too little to understand the 'science' behind everything but I think she had fun experimenting and trying the different activities. I think Steve would love taking her there so that might be a good idea for a father/daughter day in a couple months!
That night I met Holly, Sam and Colleen at Olive Garden for Holly's birthday 'friend' dinner. Anyone who knows Holly and her birthdays, she has about 5 different celebrations and this one was decided on last minute which is why there were only 4 of us....not b/c of Holly's lack of friends! LOL! She's been too preoccupied with her new beau that I guess she forgot to plan ahead!

Thursday, Presley went to Aprils and Piper and I did the grocery shopping for our party tomorrow and tried to do some cleaning but I wasn't very productive b/c Miss Piper as a little fussy and wouldn't take a good, long nap for me...unless I was holding her!
My wonderful, awesome mother came over to watch P and Piper for us at night so Steve and I could go to his work holiday party at Blue Moon piano bar! I should've taken a pic of us b/c we were cute! :) It was fun! His company seems to treat their employees so good, with as small as they are they have been doing a great job in the commercial construction business when a lot of companies are going out of business. We are very lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment