Thursday, December 6, 2012

Success! (with no pictures!)

So Monday night Steve started to NOT feel good, by Tuesday night I could feel that I was catching whatever he had. NOT FUN! By Wednesday it had caught up with me but I had to function, so I did. When it was time for Presley to go to bed I laid with her and fell asleep before 8 pm! Steve got Piper to bed and of course, with both of us not being 100% why wouldn't both kids wake up in the middle of the night. Presley woke up at 2 having to go potty (in footie pj's, which makes it hard for her to go by herself!). Steve got up with her and for some reason she was awake, normally she is so tired and out of it but he said she was singing and talking to him.....first time for everything.
Then Piper was up at 3 for her bottle and like her sister wasn't too interesting in going back to sleep...so a little after 4 I was able to go back to sleep! And I was still up before 7 to take a shower before Steve left for work, go me!

Today Steve left work early and has been sleeping most of the day. I dropped Presley off at Aprils and did some errands and came home and got stuff done! Two days of me not doing anything around the house is not good!
So tonight was my first night as a 'single mom'....Steve felt like shit and slept downstairs, I got dinner ready, gave Piper a bath, got Presley ready for bed. The 3 of us girls sat in her bed and read a book and then I got Piper ready for bed....by 9:00 both girls were asleep (b/c of course, Presley read her Bible to herself for 1/2 hour after I left)! So success!

I just think as a mother you have a sense that you want to be able to do it all (or maybe it's just me), you don't like to depend on people, you want to prove to yourself and others that you can do it all! I'm sure this fads the longer you are a parent but right now I'm hanging in there! I feel like I have control over most things right now, the house is clean, dishes done, laundry done and put away! And being sick doesn't have a part in any of this, there is no time to be sick!

Of course, once I go back to work...that will be a different story. I already know I'll be working overtime and we'll be juggling two different daycares since Piper will go to my moms every day and Presley will still be going to April's two days a week, but both of them are so flexible about things that I'm hoping that will all work out! It will be an adjustment for all of us, what would life be like without change?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment