Monday, December 10, 2012

Two months!

Ahhhh.....it makes me so sad! Piper is two months old and so sweet and cuddly that I just want to keep her this way forever! I remember with Presley being so anxious for her to get to that 'next milestone' and really with Piper I just want to freeze time! I think I now realize how fast time goes and there is no way to get that time back. I also realize the sweetness of a newborn soon becomes the not-so-sweetness in a 3 year old.

She had her two month appt today and she is a whopping 9 lbs, 14 oz (15%......Presley was 10 lbs, 9 oz) and 21.5 inches long (11%). The doctor seems to be impressed with how strong she was (though she might say that to all parents). She got her 3 shots and it was SO sad for me! She gasped and took the adorable, pathetic, best pouty lip ever came out and she started screaming.

Piper at two months:
- eats 5 oz every three hours
- smiles and coos with the best of them
- is on no real schedule with feeding or nap times. I hoping once we have a regular daily routine that this will fall into place. She does seem to be awake for a couple hours in the morning, an hour or two during the afternoon and then is our little night owl and is usually awake in the evening until bedtime.
- doesn't sleep thru the night, but I have no complaints (yet). She usually gets up between 2-5am and if we are lucky it only takes 45 minutes before she is back to sleep.
- is still sleeping in the bouncy seat next to our bed. I'm slightly embarrassed lazy but it is SO easy to just reach over and stick the pacifer in her mouth a couple times to get another hour of sleep! We'll be breaking this habit soon.
- still wears newborn clothes! I've been putting her in some 0-3 month clothes but alot of them just swim on her! We are making that first jump to size 1 diapers though!

No comments:

Post a Comment