Monday, December 24, 2012

Snowday!!!

So as I'm sure everyone knows....it snowed! Really snowed! Wednesday on my way home from work the rain turned into snowflakes and we prepared for the blizzard! I had my fingers crossed that work would be cancelled on my 2nd day back! I already knew I would be waiting for the sun to come up before I was going to leave the house for work in the morning. The roads to our house are long and curvy (which I have noticed the deer like to come out in the snow!) and I just wasn't sure how well they would be plowed plus there are no curbs....just ditches!

We lost power about 4 am and by 6 am work had been postponed until noon. Steve had been sick all week and he was slowly feeling better, so he stayed home with Presley and I took Pipers to my moms on my way to work. The roads SUCKED!!!!!! I left work about 4 (again, I didn't want to drive in the dark) and we decided that b/c we still didn't have power that we were going to have to get a hotel room for the night. Presley was excited, the house was a 59 degrees and when I got home from work after 5, the power came back on! Woohoo! Though Presley still wanted to go to a hotel room!

Friday morning on my way to work I won tickets on the radio to go see Easton Corbin at the 7 Flags Event Center! Of course, we had no babysitter but grandma pulled thru! We are so extremely lucky to have her around and have her willing to watch the girls even more than just for daycare! So Steve and I had a last minute date night! It was nice! We made our way around town (Steve still not feeling that great) had some dinner and drinks (tried to get our last xmas present bought, but Walmart was closed b/c they didn't have power!) and then enjoyed the concert! We weren't out too late, not hungover! Overall, a great night! Thanks again mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment