Thursday, May 23, 2013

Where did the week go?

Believe me, I'm not complaining that it is Thursday night and tomorrow is Friday. I just have a feeling that tomorrow is g-o-i-n-g to d-r-a-g. We had a MELT down to extremes with Presley on Sunday night and since then she has been SO good! The evenings have been pleasant and overall good family time.
Tuesday we took a nice walk, the girls went to bed and then I went for a run/walk/crawl. I would like to get back into running, it's just finding the time, motivation and energy. I ran 1/2 mile, which is a lot of me at this point and then I walked the rest of the way....it's a start.

Last night I actually worked late, overtime was opened up this week so I tried to take advantage of some of it. I got home about 7:30, ate dinner, helped put the girls to bed and then headed to bed about 9:30 with all intensions of going to sleep....then I got into my book. Damn.
Tonight, we had a nice night. Presley had time to play with the neighbors, Steve cooked a great dinner, we ate dinner on the deck, girls got baths, we had some time to hang out. Once the girls were in bed, I went for another run/walk. I ran a little further this time, I figure slowly but surely I can go a little farther each time.

Both Steve and I have been working hard this week, we have been lucky so far this spring/summer that neither one of our jobs has required too much overtime (even though the money is always nice), so we can't complain when we have to put in a little more than normal!

Like I said, Presley has been so good since Sunday...threatening to take her blanket away is the key to all things good! She has been eating like a CHAMP! I love that we eat dinner together at the table most nights! She has been going to bed fairly good too, every night she falls asleep a little earlier...but the weekend is sure to screw that up!

Piper still has her cold, but she is still happy and smiley. And most importantly she has been sleeping good (but now that I say that, she will be waking up tonight. Nice job, Jessica, totally jinx yourself!)!

Now off to our long weekend! Hope you all enjoy your time off!

No comments:

Post a Comment