Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Update

Oh man, we are exhausted from this weekend. I spent very little time at home so none of my usual housework got done. UGH. Friday night I went out with a couple girls from work and Holly and some of her work friends, it was a good time and I was still home around 10.
Saturday we had to get up and ready we had soccer (our favorite hour of the weekend). She didn't play. We had minimal tears, mainly b/c she did nothing but sit on the sidelines. I told her she didn't get the team snack afterwards, she didn't care. So that was that. We left and headed to Lake Panorama for the post-poned Cinco de Mayo party. We had all intentions of staying the night and packed for it. Packing for one night for two kids is dumb...there are just so many things you need whether it is for one night or five nights! We figured if the kids were good we would stay, if not we would just head home, no biggie.
Well the kids were great actually. Piper didn't mind the people and she went to bed early despite all the noise! Presley was very good too and actually played with kids that she had never met before (I should've recorded it and shown her preschool teachers!), had fun, ran around and then was TIRED about 10. We headed to our room and tried to get her to sleep. By the time she fell asleep, all three of us were in the bed sleeping by 11.....even though the party was still going strong! I don't think any of us (besides Piper) slept the best, all sharing the same bed, in a strange place, it was hot and noisy until about midnight.
The only sucky part about staying at some else's house overnight, is that the baby was up at 5:45 and I really didn't want her waking up anyone else. She was good though, she had her bottle and played on the floor fairly quietly (Steve and P were in the same room and slept thru it all!). We got up and left about 7:30. We got home about 8:30 and since it was Mothers Day, I took a nap! I got up about 11 and we all had to get ready and packed for our Mothers Day picnic at Thomas Mitchell Park (which is where we had gone last year too). It was chilly in the wind, but we went on our usual hike and did some fishing! 
 
 
 
I'm a bad mom and never got my pictures taken with my girls. That was my one goal for the day and I failed. We headed home a little before 4 and P fell asleep in the car, we put her in our room for 'quiet time' and she didn't move. We tried waking her up a couple times, I even laid in bed with her for a while and she was out! We had dinner, Piper had a bath and went to bed and about 8:30 Presley finally woke up.
We were just tired so she had cereal and fruit for dinner. Then about 9:30 we were so tired and just wanted to sleep, so she came to bed with us and watched a movie while we slept! HA! About 10:30 she was ready to head to her bed! Poor girl was all off her schedule!
Off to start the week with lots of housework to be done, laundry to be done (heck I still have a load from last Sunday to put away!) but the weather is supposed to be nice too so we want to make sure to enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment