Saturday, June 16, 2012

Random

Here is a picture of Presley and Colton from last Saturday. I kept trying to get Colton to smile at me, I think he thought P and I were a little nuts...but then P was jealous that I was taking pictures of him so she had to get included!
Me at 21 weeks! I started feeling her move off and on starting about 17 weeks, at 19 weeks it was more frequent and this week Steve finally was able to feel her kicking. I tried to get P to feel her today, she said she did but who knows. I asked if she felt her sister kick and she nodded and told me that kicking isn't nice.
Clothes are getting more and more difficult to come by. I can still wear one pair of non-maternity jeans, other than that I have 2 pairs of work pants, 1 pair of capris and 1 pair of shorts...and that is going to have to last me, I just don't want to buy anymore!
We had a busy week with gymnastics (which I hate to miss!!!), Steve working late and me trying to find time to work late. We still found the time to go up to Johnston Green days for a couple hours on Thursday night. Presley got to choose two rides, she wanted the merry-go-round and the big slide. Dad was able to ride both with her, for some reason they are not recommended for pregnant people. Really? How harmful could a merry-go-round be?
I'm just happy that she isn't scared to ride these things this year. I just love that smile!
 Then we both enjoyed footlong corndogs (no she didn't eat all of hers)!
Last night we headed down to Norwalk for a surprise birthday party for two friends of ours. It was a lot of fun. Lots of kids and good to catch up with people that we haven't seen in a very long time! Presley wants to be included with the big girls SO much! There was a 4 and 5 year old playing in a room and I told her I would stand outside of the room and she could go in and play. She was so frustrated with herself. She would take a couple steps in and then come running back to me, get up the courage to go back in a little further and then run back again. This went on over and over again, and then the older boys with their light sabers came running into the room, turned off the lights and scared her for good. She did eventually start following the other girls around and they were all very inviting. It is so cute to see her be included. (and heart breaking to see her left out when she wants to be but is too scared!)

Steve had to get up early this morning and go to work. I didn't hear P until about 9 am, which was awesome b/c I needed to sleep! The Green Days parade started at 10 and was just down the street from us. So P and I walked up there to see if we could find a spot to watch and maybe score some candy. She was a little hesitant to run and grab the candy but by the end she had the hang of it, waving and super quitely saying thank you. Holly even came and met us up there for a while too which worked out perfectly but Holly and P had a date to go see Madagascar! So after the parade they were off to the movie and I headed into work for a couple hours!

Steve went to go watch his nephew Zac's fight tonight (he lost! bummer!) and Presley and I hung out. She was so good all night until bedtime, but I know she was tired. And we have another busy day and week ahead of us too. Oh summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment