Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Two pink lines

So it's happened!
Presley is going to be a big sister in October! I'm about 11 weeks along and things are good! Tired but other than that feeling normal. In the beginning I had about 4 nights where I felt nauseous before bed, so I'm not complaining!
My first appt went good, we told the doctor we still weren't sure if it was true...even after 4 pregnancy tests! (We just couldn't believe it!). She confirmed that we were expecting. I just had my second appt today, I told Steve I wanted to have another appt before we officially announced it to make sure that it truly was real! LOL! I was able to hear the heart beat, nice and fast at 160.
Both doctors made comments about how small Presley was...she was 2 weeks early. Heck, look at the girl now she is clearly 'healthy'! They said closer to the end they will monitor the baby's growth to make sure it is getting the proper nutrition and gaining good weight. Oh believe me, doctors, you have nothing to worry about! Gaining weight will not be a problem, for me anyway!
I gained about 1 pound between appts, but have gained 7 (by my scale) in the last 2 months.
Presley doesn't fully understand yet. I keep telling her she needs to be gentle with me b/c she is such a rough little thing. She always wants to be carried, sometimes I don't mind especially knowing that soon I won't be able to pick her up. So my time carrying my baby girl is limited but I keep letting her know that pretty soon I won't be able to carry her. My mom asks her if she wants a baby sister or baby brother and she always says she wants both! Not going to happen!
We are excited and overwhelmed.....and still don't think it is real! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment