Friday, April 6, 2012

Roller Coaster

I really don't know how Steve is going to deal with me thru all these crazy and stressful times. I just hope he is patient and understanding over the next 6 months.
So Wednesday we had the appraisal done on our house, no worries with the value. We had our radon test done, of course it came back high. The average rating in Iowa homes is 8, we were at 6.8 but Iowa wants it less than 4. So we knew she would want us to fix it. This is a $1200 - $1500 fix b/c of course she wanted it professionally installed, not giving Steve a chance to do it himself. We went back and forth with 2 different offers to her, she was not interested. She wanted us to fix it, no questions, no compromise. At this point, we were dead set against paying for it. It was just ONE more thing.
Today was the last day for any changes to be made to our contract. Today was the last day to get our deposit back on our apartment. So many decisions, so little time.
We talked about it, discussed in detail what we were doing, what we wanted to do, what we could do, what the next year had in store for us financially. We decided to take the chance and do it. So we'll be paying to have the mitigation system installed. We'll be signing our apartment lease on the 16th and closing on this house on the 25th.
I just want the next 3 weeks to go smoothly, I'm not sure I can handle this roller coaster of emotions over and over again
I just saw the previews for the movie 'I Bought A Zoo'. I love the quote "sometimes you just need 20 seconds of insane courage". This is my 20 seconds of courage! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment