Monday, April 16, 2012

Moving day #1

I want to give props to my busy bee husband, thank goodness he has more energy and drive than I do.
Thursday was his birthday, he went to watch the weigh-ins for his nephews' MCC fights. I feel bad we didn't do anything and all I got him was a card....but getting him a present, is just one more thing we have to move! LOL.
Friday he went with both our dads and his siblings to watch his nephew fight! He won! This was Zac's first fight in Des Moines since he just turned 18 in January. His record is 7-1 and is getting a lot of hype in the fighting world. I personally hate this kind of fighting and always have....but it keeps him out of trouble and in shape and as long as he doesn't get hurt then it's not so bad! :)

Saturday I woke up at 6 am....and laid there for an hour thinking about everything we needed to get done. We were all up and going by 8 am, Steve went and got the moving truck. I started hauling up boxes from the basement and he started loaded them in the truck. My dad come over about 10 am to help and while they went to unload, Presley and I went to the grocery store (our one trip out of the house all weekend!). His cousin Jared showed up to help, then his old roommate Hoots came over....the help was great! Three truck loads and the swing set moved! Steve continued working in the basement and garage that night and put some stuff on craigslist to sell!
Sunday we were able to sleep in until 9 am! I got up with P and made waffles (my favorite!), Steve sold 4 out of the 5 things he put on craigslist, made us a little money and 4 less things we have to move! He hauled stuff to the curb for Urbandale clean up week, he mowed the yard (maybe for the last time), made another trip to my parents house to set up the swing set, helped his brother haul stuff to a dumpster and then brought home dinner for us. He was a man on the go this weekend and I appreciate all of his hard work. He is amazing!
I'm not saying I didn't do anything! I did most of the packing, organizing, directing of boxes and entertained Presley (we had our share of mother/daughter time together over the last 4 days!).

We got a lot done this weekend, but our house looks like a disaster! We got the keys to our apartment today and will be moving in on Saturday for moving day #2. I'm mostly worried about Presley in this transition...but I think we have talked it up enough that she'll be fine. Right now she is excited about her own bathroom, the pool and the popcorn in the office!

Thanks again to my hubby, my daddy, Jared and Hoots for their help and to my parents and Holly for letting us use their homes for storage!
Remember moving day #2 is Saturday for anyone looking for something to do! But no worries, if you can't make it this Saturday, there will be another moving session in August! Keep your calendars open! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment