Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

First of all, I'm loving 4 day work weeks. I really think someone needs to implement them always, is there a political candidate who wants to do this? I'll vote for them.
I really think that our new years resolution should be to eat out less. The amount of money we spend on going out is ri-dic-u-lous!
Tuesday I met my girly-friends Lyndsi and Lisa out at El Rodeo for some yumminess (that is a word, right?)! It had been too long since I had seen them it was great to catch up and laugh. Maybe that should be another resolution for me.....to see my friends more.
Wednesday night Steve decided to make home-made fettuccine alfredo....he made is own noodles and sauce! I must say, he is awesome. Why he would want to roll out dough and all that jazz for food, is beyond me but I'm not complaining!

Thursday we decided to meet at Jethros after work for dinner, one of our favorite spots! It does kind of suck that Presley doesn't like to eat anything but french fries (and she dips them in honey). So then we have to go home and feed her dinner! Oh well, saves us $5 by not having to order her anything.
Friday was the one year anniversary of our friend Brendans death. It was so hard to think about. Miss Kitty's was nice enough to hold a get-together in honor of him. I went with Holly and Sam for a couple hours. It was nice and the key to NOT crying...DO NOT watch the slide show. All the pictures of him and that grin, it was hard to accept that he is no longer around. So once I got home, Steve went to meet some of his friends out for the Iowa game. He knew there was no way I was going to stay up to watch it...and he was right.

Yesterday was New Years Eve, it was fairly nice outside so we got some of Presley's 3 year pictures taken (who would've thought we would've EVER been able to take outdoor pictures for Presley's birthday!)...but you'll have to wait a little while longer to see them. She did great and we got some really good ones of her!
We had a family friendly party to go to at Kyle and Maggies last night. We were there last year too, they have a girl P's age, Sadie and an almost one year old, Grace. Then Brock and Jackie brought Ava over and Todd and Cari bought their 3 month old son, Sam. So we had a house full of kids! They were all great, they got along really good and the 3 girls made it until midnight! (and P didn't nap that afternoon!)
Sadie, P and Ava
Presley of course fell asleep on the way home and we woke her up at 11 am this morning. Of course, I woke up at 8:30 b/c I'm old.
Any whoooo, Happy New Year to everyone! Welcome 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment