Sunday, January 29, 2012

Busy weekend fun!

Friday night I went out after work with some people b/c we have 4 people leaving from our department in the next 2 weeks so we had a small 'going away' party for them. It was fun...of course it was about 4 hours of bitching work talk! I was good and left early b/c I knew that we had a busy weekend and I really didn't want to be hungover or tired.
Saturday morning we got up and got ready for Presley's 3rd birthday party!
She did pretty good, she was shy and wanted to go downstairs and play while we were all upstairs talking but she opened her presents and smiled at everyone instead of saying thank you. She would take the box or bag and just throw everyone out of it, not looking at anything she touched. It was pretty funny how little she cared! She got lots of good stuff though, thank you to everyone who came and for all the presents!
A big wheel!
A backpack, she says it's for preschool.
And then it was Minnie Mouse birthday cake time, we prepared her that we would be singing happy birthday....she said she was a big girl now so she wasn't going to cry. I was almost convinced....until she threw herself on the floor (almost underneath the table) and started crying. CRYING!
After everyone had left, I hurried and got ready for my friend Aprils bachelorette party! It started at 3 but not everyone was gone from our house until after 3:30...so Cindy (who was riding with me) and I were fashionably late. It was so nice to see everyone, April, Andrea and Jen I hadn't see in months so it was nice to catch up! There were about 15 of us girls at Samurai Sushi for dinner and we actually ended up doing a little dancing that night too! Congrats to April and Ed who are getting married 02/29 in Vegas!
This morning the family met at Mama Laconas for my mom and my birthday brunch! They have a great buffet so we all stuffed our faces! Then we went back to my parents house for presents and cake...my jello cake! We have a family joke that my mom always messes up my cakes, either she doesn't have candles and uses the super long matches as candles instead, or the layers are sliding off of each other or she spells birthday wrong (last year it was birtday) and this year, she only had me being 32 (too bad I'm 33).
Steve and Presley went home and I went to get a pedicure (California Nails at Merle Hay Mall is my favorite, they are super nice!) for our trip!

The weather was nice enough that Presley was able to spend a little time on her big wheel. She likes it and she is able to pedal by herself! Tomorrow night we have our spray tanning and then Tuesday we have some major power packing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment