Saturday, January 7, 2012

Random

- I'm actually nervous about our upcoming trip to the Dominican. I shouldn't be, I need to just go with the flow...but Steve is a big 'review' reader, so he has been on the website for the resort every week reading what people have to say about it. Basically people think the resort is great but the service leaves something to be desired. There are minimal Americans or English speaking staff.....great, b/c I'm pretty sure my 4 years of high school Spanish are NOT going to help us out.
http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels/en-GB/Hotels/DominicanRepublic/PuntaCana/BavaroPalaceDeluxe/Home It's just a lot of money to spend and NOT have a good time. I know with the group of people we are going with, there will be plenty of laughs and good times! I'm sure you all are so excited for all the pictures we'll have when we get back! HA!
- Some things with my job are going to be changing in 2012 and I'm not really that excited about it. Our bonus structure is changing, which in all aspects should actually be good for me...but realistically I know that they are just trying to minimize the amount we receive. Our management structure is changing too, I just have to go with the flow on this. I get along with my mgr great right now, she knows I like to sit in my cube and do my work with little distraction. My employer is all about change. They thrive on change and after 8 years I should just be used to it...but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
- I like the country song Red Solo Cup. It is so catchy, it gets in my head and doesn't leave!
- We have to think of a family talent for my family reunion this summer (for the 8 of us). Four years ago we did the Michael Jackson Thriller dance and revealed that I was pregnant....anyone have any ideas for us?
- Presley is in copy-cat mode! If I wear a long sleeve shirt, she wants one on too. If Boston is drinking milk, she needs to have her milk. If my hair is in a ponytail, hers has to be too. If Steve wears a green shirt to bed, she has to wear her green shirt to bed too. It's nice in the fact that we can get her to do what we want just by us doing it...but then again, I want her to be her own person, make her own decisions and be an individual! :)
- I've never had a drug test or been fingerprinted for a job. Now my employer is finger printing all their employees. I'm pretty sure I have nothing to worry about, it's just weird that after working there for over 8 years that they are NOW concerned. So Tuesday the 17th at 10:24 in the morning I'll be with FBI hired finger printing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment