Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekend Update

So Miss Piper went to bed Friday night with a stuffy nose. In 45 minutes I got up 4 times to put her pacifer back in and she was snoring so bad! I thought maybe getting her a little more up-right with help with drainage and such so back to the bouncy seat she went. I slept on the couch next to her so that Steve could get a good nights sleep. Unfortunately P was up 3 times that night too! Coughing, then she had to pee and then coughing again. So neither one of us got a great night sleep but we'll survive.
Saturday morning we got up and cleaned b/c Steve's aunt and uncle were coming up from Creston to see Piper and the house (and the rest of us too!) It was really good to see them! It's sad that we only live an hour away from Creston but rarely get down there to visit!
Once they left, we ran out to Costco, one of our favorite places! And it was PACKED! We decided after that to go to JC mall and eat at the Cheesecake Factory since we had a gift card there. I decided I wasn't going to get cheesecake, I was proud of myself for just putting down the menu!...then I noticed we had another gift card for a free slice of cheesecake...so I just had to get one! Of course, now looking back on it...I really could've been nice and given that free slice to someone at the table next to us?! Hindsight is 20/20 right! But that piece was oh so good! :)

Today we met the family at Mama Lacona's for brunch to celebrate my birthday and my mom's birthday (her's is the 30th, mine is the 2nd and P's is the 3rd). Yummy! It was nice that we could all get together since next weekend is jam packed with fun! Then we made our grocery store trip and had to order P's birthday cake for next weekend! Of course, Walmart had a baby contest. Guess how many jellybeans in the jar and win a basket full of baby stuff....then b/c we had a baby with us we got a little personal cake! Seriously! I can't pass that up can I? We came home, hung out, played, watched tv, Steve made dinner, I worked out and it's 8:30 and both kids are in bed! Ahhh.....

Piper seems to be doing better, still a light cough and runny nose but she ate better today and napped better. She is in her crib tonight so we'll see how that goes! We have a busy week ahead of us so maybe I should go to bed early! Hope you all had a fantastic weekend and enjoy your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment