Monday, January 7, 2013

Sunday Funday....has a whole new meaning

This weekend was great! G.R.E.A.T!
Friday night we went out to dinner at Jethros, one of our favs even though we haven't been there in a LONG time b/c the whole BBQ thing didn't sound so good when I was pregnant....and b/c Presley doesn't like to eat anything there.

Saturday I was up at 7 with Piper but I got some of my DVR shows watched and read some of my book (Thank you Rachel!). Steve and P got up about 9 and we hung out, did some cleaning, picking up and such and then took a trip to Kirklands and Gordmans (still looking for things to put on the walls of the house!) and then of course made our weekly trip to Target.
We did some more fiddle farting around and then headed to my parents house for the Packer playoff game. Goldschlager shot for every Packer score! It was a great game!

Of course, we were over there way too late and go home and put the kids down about 10:30-11 pm. You know what is completely awesome?! No one waking up in our house on Sunday morning until 8:30! This was the third night in a row that Piper had slept thru the night! Woohoo!
Steve got up with the girls and when I rolled out of bed at 9:30, he was making bacon, hashbrowns and waffles for breakfast! Perfect!
We had some time to play play-doh, dress up like a princess, watch a movie.....then Steve took Presley shopping and Piper and I hung out. She fell asleep about noon and I did some housework and then read my book (while watching my DVR'd shows). It was the perfect afternoon! They got home about 3 and Presley dressed up again, we played kick ball in the basement, did a puzzle and Steve made dinner! Both kids were in bed by 8:30 and I took a glass of wine and my kindle and took a nice, hot bath (my back seems to hurt alot more since I had Piper!) Sunday funday!

On a side note:
- I finally packed up most of Pipers newborn size clothes, we are on our way to wearing 0-3 months and 3 month clothes! **Fingers crossed she continue to sleep thru the night!**
- Presley has been fairly good this last week. I don't know if we have and any time-outs....alot of warnings and counting to 3 to get her to do things but no major meltdowns.....yet. I'm hoping since we are getting back into a fairly normal routine of things, that she will continue to be the sweet, funny almost 4 year old that we know and love!
- She finally changed her mind on the Christmas birthday party she wanted *mom breathes a sigh of relief*...we are now having a Tinkerbell party!

No comments:

Post a Comment