Saturday, September 1, 2012

No excuses

It's been a long week and I have no excuses for my lack of posting. I have just been lazy and not motivated! Heck, I never posted about last weekend and that is NOT like me!
Last Friday I was able to go to my friend Nicky's house for some girl time! It's was nice and fun and Janelle was able to stop over with baby Cora for a while! So cute! You totally forget how small babies are! Steve took P to the Earlham football game, they lost but it is always nice to be able to see a cousin (Derek) play.
Saturday I had to work for a couple hours and then we did some running around, Steve was able to buy another toy....his poker table, which was 50% off at Homemakers b/c of a chip in the table....that doesn't bother us! So we shipped that off to hang out in my parents garage for another couple weeks until we can finally rid my parents of all of our stuff from their basement and garage! Who knows what will be ruined from the intense heat we've had this year. Oh well, going thru everything will be a nice surprise b/c I'm sure we have forgotton what all we have! LOL! 
Sunday we hung out and then went to my mom's to have dinner and hang out with my Uncle Dave and Steph. Steph is finally moving out to Colorado with my uncle so we won't be seeing them as much! :(

Tuesday we had gymnastics, P was hesitant to go (like always) but she did good (like always). I don't want to make her go if she really doesn't want to, but once she gets there she is fine! She is one of the few that listens good and doesn't run around. There are some boys in her class that I just want to strangle! They don't listen, the talk all the time, they run around and interrupt the class...there is enough down time as it is and now the 'teachers' spend more time dealing with those kids than they should have to! I guess I should just be happy it's not my kid!
I really should have worked a lot more than I did this week, but I wasn't motivated and work is just dragging me down. I am definitely ready for a break from that place, I think I'll only be taking 8 weeks off but I would really like to be able to take 12, we'll just have to see.

Yesterday we had meet the teacher for Presley's new preschool! She actually did surprisingly good, though she refused to wear her name tag (b/c that's an insane thing to ask of her) or sit with the other kids or participate in the song they sang. She didn't cry, she followed directions (as long as we were there with her), she explored the different stations in the play room. So I was shockingly happy with how she did! After reading some of the stuff they sent home with us (the snack schedule, then fall 'conferences' are, parents day around Christmas time)...I said to Steve "its like we are real parents now!" Now she depends on us to help with decorating her school bag and her social profile page and bring snacks on her assigned days....we need to be more organized, that is for sure!

Today I am just EXHAUSTED! I don't know why but again, I just can't get motivated! There is so much that could be done around here and I just can't get off the couch. We did make a trip to the mall forcing myself to get out of the house for Presley's sake, then we left Steve at Old Chicago to watch the Iowa game (since we don't have cable in the apartment) and Presley and I came home and hung out. We watched her favorite movie Tangled during her quiet time. It's so funny b/c there are some parts that she knows the words to and she'll get up and 'act' out the parts of the movie. It's so hard to NOT laugh at her b/c it is so freaking cute!
We are off to pick up Steve from the bar, the Iowa game must NOT be going well if he is willing to come home already. Hopefully I get a burst of energy at some point this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment