Thursday, September 20, 2012

M/T/W

Monday Presley and I were able to meet baby Cora! Janelle had us over to give us a present for Baby G (which you really didn't have to do!!!). I figured Presley would just stay quiet and ignore their 3 year old son Kayson but she did better than I thought. She actually answered Janelle's questions and showed off her somersault skills. She seemed interested in Cora which is good, but I think she is going to have to work on her 'being gentle' skills!

Tuesday Steve had to do some landscaping up at the new house before the sod went in so I took Presley to gymnastics. Boy it was an interesting class. Two teachers for 9 kids which is good but one of those 9 kids was mentally challenged and neither the teachers nor the mother knew how to get her to pay attention or listen so of course all the other kids just wanted to stare and not listen. Another kid, it was his first class and he just wanted to run around and do whatever he wanted without listening or following directions either, another distraction to the class. Normally, I'm one of the only parents that follows the kids into their room (mostly b/c P won't participate without me there) but this time there were 9 parents watching in this tiny room too! Overall Presley did a good job, she is one of the kids who actually sits still when it isn't her turn!

Wednesday morning was her first official preschool day. My mom dropped her off and said she seemed excited and ready until it was time for Grandma to leave. They had some outdoor playtime and my mom sat in the car and watched her. She stood by herself watching the other kids, both teachers encouraged her to participate. I'm sure she is going to be hesitant for a while but I know the teachers will do a good job in helping her feel comfortable! She didn't really want to talk about her day to my mom but has opened up a little to me about different things they did. Ah the fun of watching your child grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment