Monday, August 20, 2012

Wonderful weekend


Saturday I got up and put my 5 hours in at work (obviously not a good employee, since I didn't put in the 8 hours I was supposed to, oops) But I had to get home so we could go to Boston's 2nd birthday party!
Samantha made awesome, little Sesame Street cake pops (way too time consuming and detailed for this girl) but they were really cute and very good! Boston thought it was funny that he was eating Cookie Monsters' face!


Jon got Boston a Radio Flyer tricycle....which Presley loved! LOL.
Boston is just a hair too small for it, but he is only going to get bigger and it will be the perfect size soon enough.
Presley can always find a way to get what she wants. She 'let' Boston sit on the back of his new trike or ride her small ($5 garage sale) trike, just so she could get a turn!  (Notice her Tangled princess dress that she wanted to wear to the party)
After the party we headed to Earlham for the 2nd annual back-to-school party. Jason and Christie basically invite the entire town over for food, drinking, talking and dancing (they get a DJ!). It is always a lot of fun, with a ton of kids running around playing. Cousin Ava went to bed very early, so P didn't really play with anyone and I didn't know that many people this time (and a lack of alcohol minimizes my conversations with strangers) but I ate my way thru the night!

Sunday we did alot of running around and hanging out. It was a nice, family day together. We met Lisa and Jared up at our house and got to show them around. I know they are excited to get into their new house too! We have the upper cabinets in and the painter is done staining all the wood, he is still moving a little slow for my liking...but the stuff he stained does look awesome! Hopefully, (fingers crossed) by the end of this week the painting will be done (as I probably said last week), the cabinets in and possibly the countertops (that might be wishful thinking). I'll have to take more updated pics this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment