Friday, August 17, 2012

Another week gone by

Monday Steve was able to make one of his dreams come true. He found a good deal on a riding lawn mower. It's bigger than what he needs but he's in love. I might have to have an intervention. He picked the mower and took it to Holly's to store until we move. Tonight he went and mowed Holly's yard so he could drive it! So cute! Boys and their toys!
I took a risk of taking Presley to gymnastics on Tuesday night while Steve went to the fair with some friends. After last weeks disaster we were both nervous on how it would play out. But she did great! It took some coaxing but eventually she was excited to do everything. The classes are getting so full of kids...I'm calling it the after-Olympics-frenzy! I'm hoping some of these kids will drop out after a while, it is just so hard to keep all the kids focused, listening and good for that long!

Wednesday I decided that we needed to head up the fair. I wanted to eat! We went after work and it wasn't too hot or too busy (and of course half price admission!) So we ate a corn dog, a cup of fruit, steak kabob, mini donuts, cup of cookies, a pickle dog, mac and cheese bites and ice cream! We were only there for about 3 hours but it was worth it and this girl was a hurting unit after all that walking! It hurt my belly, back, feet, hips....I had pushed my limit on walking!

Thursday I was still in pain from the walking...waddling in full effect! Then about 9:30-10 I started to not feel so good. Alot of pain in the belly and back, not able to focus...then it got worse and I felt nauseous and didn't feel like I could sit up at my desk. I started to get hot and sweaty, almost like I was going to pass out. That's when I called the doctors to see what I should do, they wanted me to come in and get monitored. I knew there was no way I was going to drive and Steve insisted on taking me himself so we got to the doctor about 11:30. I was feeling better by now (of course) but still had on and off pain in my belly and back (and not like contractions, different than that).  They did a non-stress test and made sure I wasn't having contractions (and I wasn't!), the stress test really only showed a lot of fetal movement so that was good. Basically, I was told to rest and hydrate! So I took the afternoon off and went home and napped! And even after a 2.5 hour nap, I was still able to go to bed at 8:30! The off and on pain finally stopped about 3 am and today I felt like a new, well-rested woman! I'm bummed that I missed dinner with Holly and our friend April (who I haven't seen since January!) but we have already rescheduled!

Blah, Blah......
- Two weeks until meet the teacher for P's preschool!
- My friend Janelle was due to have her baby last Sunday...she is still waiting for her baby girl to come. Stubborn little thing! :)
- We found out that the lady who bought our old house is having to replace the sewer line to the house! Yikes! This can be costly, I feel bad but on the other hand....we didn't know about it and we are happy that it isn't us having to pay for this!
- The painter on our house is very particular...which is normally good, but not when it is taking him forever! Hurry up!

No comments:

Post a Comment