Thursday, August 9, 2012

Exhausted

We are just worn out and overwhelmed this week, as I knew we would be. Monday started off with me having to report for jury duty (not a good week since Amy, who does my same job, was on vacation this week!). After sitting there for 3 hours, I was dismissed. So off to work I went.
Tuesday...I actually worked a full day, shocker for this week. Steve had to work late and then get our deck layed out on the new house so they could pour the concrete for the patio Wednesday morning. So I took Presley to gymnastics. It was terrible. It was hot, she didn't do anything but stretch (when I was sitting on the floor next to her. Sitting on the floor is not my favorite thing to do these days). I told her that if she wasn't going to participate that we were leaving. I eventually carried her out (both of us sweating our tails off) and headed to the car. She was screaming and kicking like I was kidnapping her. She finally agreed that if we went back she would participate. She didn't. Normally, they get their hands stamped after class.....well, sorry kid! You didn't do ANYTHING, you don't get stamps! SO once again at 30 weeks pregnant, I carried a 37 pound kid kicking, crying and screaming at me...2 blocks to our car. I got in the car, called Steve and broke down. Steve got the phone call with me crying and Presley screaming in the background. He had a long, hard day and I know that was the last thing he needed. And then the next 2 hours with Presley were just as bad, she fought me on everything...EVERYTHING! I was done with her.

Wednesday would be better right? Jury duty again, 3 hours of sitting there and then got dismissed again. Work piling up at my desk so I worked until about 7:15 and then remembered I needed to start fasting at 8 pm for my glucose test the next morning! So I headed home, ate real quick and hoped for the best in the morning!

Today, I had my glucose test. I had a sore throat and headache all week but tried to put it off b/c I really didn't have a choice to be sick and then the nurse tells me that the sugar water I have to drink will probably make me feel sick. Great, please, bring it on. After the second hour and blood test I was able to leave, no gestational diabetes for me! Woohoo! However, then I needed to go back to work. The files and emails stacking up, out of control. Normally, I think I have a good ability to multi-task but everything was just NOT working in my favor this week. Steve had to work late tonight since I did last night and then we both get to work this weekend again!

I feel sorry for Presley during all this work, but I guess she gets a little one on one time with each of us which is good to have before Baby G comes. I keep hoping things will calm down for a while, but then I remember we'll probably be moving in the next month and then we are having another baby! There is no calm in my future. :)

On the up side, I finished 2 books with all my jury duty and glucose test time! Recommended to me by Amy (who has become a reading addict also!), Weekends Required and Not Planning on You....both good! Boy meets girl, falls in love and the sex is out of control! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment