Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend update

Man, it seems like so long ago and it is only Monday! Friday night we decided to go out to dinner at Lonestar, and all three of us got steaks! Then we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get an idea of all the stuff we are going to have to buy when we move....my credit card might have to come out of hiding!
Saturday it worked out that Steve didn't have to work! We decided to hit up the farmers market since we figured it wouldn't be as busy with people headed to the fair. It was the perfect morning, the weather was great, we got some good fruit and enjoyed strolling the market!
Then we took my parents up to the house to show them the progress and the painter was there getting things ready to be stained, sealed and primed! Woohoo, I love when other people work weekends!
Presley and I had some quiet time while Steve ran some errands and then we swapped...Steve stayed with P and I went with my friend Cindy out for appetizers and some long over due girl talk! We took my wedding ring to get cleaned (amazing that a good ring cleaning can do!) and then took a walk around the pond out at Jordan Creek. It was nice to have some girl time, it really has been too long!

Sunday, I wasn't lucky enough to get out of work....I worked for about 5 hours in the morning and then came home and basically vegged out with my baby girl! She played SO good all day!! Steve played house with her in the morning, then she played puppies with me (which includes her fetching things and wanting to be locked in her 'kennel'...too bad she never stays put! HA), then we played grocery store! She literally brought me all of the toys in the apartment, 5-10 at a time, with her purse on her arm, made me 'ring' her up, give her a total and then she would give me her money to buy them. I had to sack them up, she took her purchases, thanked me after I thanked her and told her to have a nice day! And the process would start over! It was fun....the first 5 times.
And then of course, she spent a lot of time in her room being bossy to her babies. She would yell at them! I kept telling her to be nice and she would explain that they weren't being quiet or going night-night!

Great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment