Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Yikes

- I always felt sorry for my neighbors at our house when we had the windows open and they could hear P screaming...in an apartment that noise is intensifyed and the neighbors are even closer.
- Steve took P to the doctor Monday morning and sure enough she got (whatever version) of hand, foot and mouth disease that Boston had. She started breaking out with the spots that you get and stayed home with daddy and watched the Chipmunk movie! Two times! She thought that was so cool! Finally, yesterday and today she is back to her fiesty self!
- P is beginning to really realize that I'm the mean parent. So she is wanting Steve to do more for her these days, realizing that he probably will and I will probably not!
- We need to reinvent our bedtime routine with P. It just takes too long and is such a struggle. By 7:30 she is in her pj's and eating her fruit (which is dessert to her!) and we head for bed about 7:45-8. Then we read a book, then she wants us to lay with her for 2 minutes...which ends up being 15 minutes. Then she stalls b/c she has to either go potty or poop. (She purposely waits until bedtime to go #2). And finally by 8:30, she is on her own. For my friends with toddlers, what is your bedtime routine?
- I feel like I don't talk about Baby G enough. Everyone is so excited with their first kid and by the second it just doesn't seem as intense. I don't follow my daily update, we haven't talked about names but maybe we just have too much going on to think about it. Maybe once we find out the sex in two weeks, it will get us thinking about it more......but of course, it's not like we can get a room ready or anything.
- I painted my fingernails for the first time in.....forever?! I never have nails, I'm a nail-biter. So I'm super proud of my long nails, don't be surprised if I show them off to you next time I see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment