Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Packer party : Part 2

We got to town about 4:30 Saturday afternoon. The hotel was perfect, full of Packer fans! The Hyatt on Main (if anyone is planning a trip!) had a bar/grill where we sat, drank, ate, talked and then played some shuffleboard (which I am not good at). It was nice and relaxing!
We slept in (until 9, which is about normal for us), ate the free breakfast and got ready for our day! Me in my (or Holly's) Clay Matthew's jersey and Steve in his Bo Jackson Raiders jersey. The weather was supposed to be around 40 degrees which I was super pumped for! When we booked this trip I was prepared for it to be zero degrees with snow on the ground. No snow anywhere up there and 40 degrees, heck yes! It could not have been more prefect!
The city bus picked us up right outside of the hotel, for free! It dropped us off, right outside the stadium and then we had the same free ride back to the hotel afterwards!
We found the Stadiumview bar, which was perfect! Busy, beer and a live band. Perfect!
Steve got some slack for being a Raider fan, but for the most part people were nice about it. He didn't wear a spike necklace or paint his face, so I appreciated that!
We did get asked where we were from b/c we had a 'southern accent'! LOL. Sure, ok.
When they say there isn't a bad seat in the house, they aren't lying. Well, until you have bitch and a douchebag sitting behind you. They COULDN'T stand the fact that Steve was a Raiders fan. They asked Steve when his team was going to show up to play, they yelled "CHEATERS" every time the Raiders got a penalty (they sure didn't yell that when the Packers got a penalty though!).
She said she didn't understand how I could even live with him being a Raiders fan...well, dumb bitch....I didn't pick my husband b/c of what football team he roots for. Besides that entertainment, it was a great game. 13-0 baby!!!
Since the Packers were winning by so much, we did spend a little time walking around the stadium. I just love it!
We found our free bus back to the hotel, ate some pizza at The Pub and went to bed! I'm pretty sure I was asleep by 8:30, but hey, it's my mini-vacation I can do whatever I want!
Sorry, I'm not done with the pictures...Part 3 is yet to come.
I will convert someone out there to become a Packer fan by the time these blogs are over! :)

1 comment: