Friday, December 30, 2011

2011

So 2011 is about done. I can't say that I will miss it. It started out a rough year, my first funeral in over 10 years. Brendan, I still can't look at pictures of that grin without tearing up. You brought laughter to so many peoples lives. Not thinking about you is an easier way to deal with you leaving us, but thinking about you and your completely unexpected departure makes a person completely thankful for the days and people we have in our lives NOW.
2011 included me watching my sister mourn...for months, losing herself in sadness....my other sister battling to make a perfect life for her son. Then my grandma passing in May....attending 2 funerals, more than I had been thru in the last 20 years combined. Our marriage, my patience, our teamwork, we have been able to work thru so many things...so many struggles around us this year....and yet, we are happy, laughing and still cheering Go Hawks and Go Pack Go!
Don't get me wrong, 2011 was full of good times too. Both of ours jobs are busy and thriving, plenty of overtime! Our daughter has grown so much, it is hard to believe she is almost 3...especially since she acts like she is 13 years old. Financially, we are doing better than we ever have which has allowed us to travel on our cruise, to Vegas, our Green Bay Packer game and our upcoming trip to the Dominican. And also established a savings account for us and Presley (she has more in her savings account at 3 years old than I did at 20! LOL, which might not be saying alot!) I have watched my daddy retire and our family come together in rough times. We have managed and we have become stronger. We are lucky to have each other and to always be there for each other....but I'm anxious for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment