Saturday, January 1, 2011

Reflection.

In the eleventh hour I am borrowing this Q & A format for reflecting on the year past. I have read so many of these question and answer posts this week, and have always wanted to try one out.
1. What did you do that you have never done before? Traveled by myself for work. Welcomed my first nephew to the world.
2. Did you keep your 2010 New Year's Resolutions? I honestly don't remember if I made any. If I did, I'm sure it was to work out and try to lose the last of the baby weight. So I barely got that in this year, but I did!
3. Did anyone near you give birth? My sister had her first baby in August and my BFF had her son in June!
4. Did anyone close to you die? I almost made it thru the year being able to say no to this question. Thursday, December 30th changed this answer to yes for me.
5. What countries did you visit? No countries, just Vegas....it's almost like a different world there! 6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn't have in 2010? Be able to run a 5K again.
7. What dates in 2010 will remain in your memory? August 31st the birth of a wonderful little man and December 30th, the death of a hilarious man.
8. What was your biggest achievement in 2010? Probably losing that last 5+ pounds! and taking a risk with my job which has so far, turned out for the best!
9. What was your biggest failure? I continually try to be a more positive person. This is a daily struggle for me but just b/c I'm a complainer not b/c anything actually really sucks that bad!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? besides the normal cold....NO!
11. What was the best thing you bought? hmmmm.......I can't think of much. I love to buy things for Presley now. Does my hair cut count?
12. Who's behavior merited celebration? My parents for being extremely understanding with all of us. And Samantha for growing up and becoming a wonderful mother!
13. Who's behavior made you appalled? Those who voted to have the Iowa supreme courts justices removed for voting FOR gay marriage in the state of Iowa. In my opinion allowing gay marriage was a step forward for our state.
14. Where did most of your money go? Presley.
15. What did you get really, really excited about? Having a baby that likes to sleep almost as much as we do! And watching my circle of family and friends grow.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? hmmm.....this is too hard!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or Sadder? Happier.
Thinner or Larger? Thinner, baby.
Richer or Poorer? Richer, on so many levels.
18. What do you wish you had done more of? Exercise. Sleep. Read.
19. What do you wish you had done less of? Spending time on damn Facebook!
20. Did you fall in love in 2010? Everyday I fall in love a little more with our baby girl. Every time she smiles my heart melts.
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate last year? I don't hate, I just don't understand some people and want to shake some sense into them.
22. What was the best book you read? It Sucked and Then I Cried, Heather Armstrong.. Funny shit.
23. What was your best musical discovery? I love Pink but I have for years.
24. What did you want and get? A little more sleep.
25. What did you want and not get? Our basement finished, we are still working on it. It's more a matter of time at this point. And if we had a finished basement I'm not sure what we would do with that space!
26. What was your favorite film of this year? I really enjoyed Inception! It makes you think!
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was thirty-one and I don't remember! That is kind of sad! Of course now that P's birthday (February 3rd) is the day after mine, (February 2nd) I have to get used to sharing. Like my mom has been doing with me over the years (January 30th).
28. What one thing would have made the year immeasurably more satisfying? Wow, I know there must be something.......
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? I'm definitely not fashionable. I try, in a really cheap, comfortable way. I'd like to be fashionable it just seems too expensive!
30. What kept you sane? The smile of my baby girl. And an incredible supportive and helpful husband and family.
31. What political issue stirred you the most? Gay Marriage. I figure if straight people have a 50% divorce rate, gay people can't do much worse! Why not give them a chance?
32. Who do you miss? My friends. Our girls nights have slimmed down and I need a chance to talk and gossip and drink and eat with my girls!
33. Who was the best new person you met? Sarah at work. She has become a great friend to me. We can cuss, complain and laught together daily!
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Life changes too fast, embrace every day for what it is.
35. Favorite shot of the year? If you ever read my blog, you've seen enough pictures to last a while and there is no way I could pick just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment