Thursday, January 6, 2011

Countdown to vacation.

Of course this week has been anything but fun. I went with Holly and a bunch of our friends to Brendan's visitation on Tuesday night. It was nice and there was a ton of people there! (Found out 1050 people signed the guest books that night! Amazing! I'm pretty sure I don't know 1000 people!) It was sad, for the most part we did a good job of remaining strong and holding back the tears.
I got home and drank a bottle of wine and watched Parenthood. A show that normally makes me cry, but this night made me bawl. They had the 'death' talk with their kid, not a topic I wanted to listen about at that moment. They talked about how one of the Grandma's was in Heaven, which got me thinking about Steve's mom.......vicious cycle of thinking in my head = tears.

Wednesday April was nice enough to watch P for us while my mom, Steve and I went to Brendan's funeral in southern Iowa. It was short and sweet and very sad. It was almost nice that there was a highway so close b/c every time a truck went by you couldn't hear what they were saying. And hearing them talk, brought tears to my eyes. Then the bagpipes. Need I say more? :( Once the service was over Holly turned around and started crying on my mom's shoulder. I couldn't watch, I had to turn around to not cry. Watching my sister hurting and crying, broke my heart.

On the way home my mom asked what we thought people would say about us when we died. Everyone talked about Brendan's ability to have a good time and laugh...and that smile! Every picture, that smile!
What do you think people would say about you at your funeral? Makes you think, doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I love Parenthood also! My fav show. What a tough week for you guys! Can't wait until my cube friend at work is back to her self! Sad and tragic:(

    ReplyDelete