Monday, January 17, 2011

Isla Roatan and Grand Cayman Island - Thursday and Friday

This was all we were able to see of Isla Roatan off the coast of Honduras! :( The wind was so hard and the waves too big that they couldn't get the ship safely to the port, they tried for 2 hours and decided that it couldn't be done. We were very disappointed, going to Roatan was one of the main reasons Cari booked this particular cruise. They filmed the reality show Temptation Island here and cruise ships have only been going here for a couple of years so we were excited to visit....and not excited to spend an incredibly rocking day at sea. They did credit our account $10 a person for this...wow, thanks.

We took 2 naps and lots of Dramamin this day. The ship swayed back and forth so bad you couldn't walk down the halls straight and they had to drain the water from one of the pools b/c the water was splashing out all over the deck. BUMMER!


Friday we made it to Grand Cayman Island! We were extremely happy to get off the boat! Very tourist friendly with shopping galore! We spent a couple hours shopping and then went looking for a beach.

The water was clear and the sand white! The beach was amazing and I could've stayed all week there!
I should've learned to NOT stand by Cari b/c she is always so tan, I did good and didn't get sunburned at all! I'm pretty sure Steve and I came back paler than we did when we left since our spray tans faded! LOL!
Ummmm???.....Is this really how they indicate handicap areas?

Steve and I at the second elegant dinner. We both had escargot...not sure why I felt the need to try that and I won't be eating it again.

We had three awesome waiters for dinner, I Wayan loved our table and decided to dance with Amanda during the dinner entertainment.
The dinners were amazing and we all ate too much. We could order as much as we wanted and of course we had appetizers (sometimes two) and dessert (sometimes two) every night...you just can't pass that up! I figured I could gain 10 pounds this week and I did good at 9 pounds. But what do you expect when you go from eating 1200 calories a day to at least 5000 a calories a day (probably closer to 10000, but who was counting?).

No comments:

Post a Comment