Thursday, December 30, 2010

In a minute....

your life can change. One phone call can change everything. Everything that seemed important, no longer is. Everything that seems stressful and not worth dealing with, now seems meaningless. Everything we took for granted, now seems like I should take another second to love the moment for what it is.
One phone call. A friend of ours was killed today in a car accident. An ex-boyfriend of Holly's, who had become a wonderful friend to her over the years. Always funny, smiling and wanting to have a good time. Always honest and completely in love with my sister, even though he would never admit it to anyone. A good guy lost his life today...putting my life in perspective. I haven't been to a funeral in probably 10 years....for my ex-boyfriends great-grandfather.....and before that my grandparents back in the 80's. Three funerals (only 1 of which I remember) in 31 years. I've been extremely lucky when it comes to this part of life and death. I'm having a hard time dealing with this and probably mostly b/c I know Holly is devastated. I don't want to see my sister hurting and this is going to bring her so much sadness.
RIP Brendan. We will miss your smile and laugh and happiness you brought to those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment