Sunday, December 19, 2010

Busy Bees

Friday night I had my work Christmas party at West Glen Cab. It was fun, I knew I couldn't be hung over on Saturday so I didn't drink too much and I didn't get home until almost 1:30 am! The 25-year-old me would be sooo proud, the 31-year-old me just wanted to eat and sleep on Saturday!
Steve was working on my parents kitchen so I thought I could just nap when Presley did. I should've expected that this would be one of those days that she just talks in her crib for 3 hours, so neither one of us slept.
We had Holly's 30th birthday party at Raccoon River Brewery that night! It was great, there were so many friends and family that came out to share this day with her! It was wonderful to see everyone and be able to catch up with those friends that we hadn't seen in a while! I know Holly had a great time and appreciated everyone coming out especially during this busy time of year!
This license plate has been passed down through our family for years! My aunt had it and gave it to her son Lee when he turned 30 and then I got almost 2 years ago and now it's Holly's turn to pass it on to Samantha (in 4 years!).

Today we had Holly's birthday lunch at Johnny's Italian Steakhouse! YUMMY! One of our absolute favorites!!! Holly had a $100 gift certificate to help pay for our meals too! Seems odd that the birthday girl was in a sense, paying for our meals! :) Thanks Holly!
Then we went to my parents for presents and to decorate Christmas cookies!
Here's Mr Boston, looking cute and being good as always!


Presley loved helping decorate cookies. She loved putting sprinkles on and then licking them off.

Grandma gave Presley one of her Christmas presents early, an apron that has her name on it! It is so adorable! Despite her reaction, she really does love it too! :) and can't wait to wear it the next time she helps dad cook!

Tonight we had Christmas carolers come to the door! I've never had carolers come by! It was the Urbandale Baptist church not too far from our house and it helped put us in the holiday spirit! Another busy week ahead of us, but I think our Christmas shopping is done. except for each other but that's ok neither one of us really needs anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment