Saturday, December 11, 2010

Countdown to Christmas

Thursday we had Steve's work Christmas party. Not holiday party, Christmas party! :) Holly watched Presley for us and Steve and I headed to West Glen Cab to have a few drinks before the party. It was nice to spend an hour just the two of us and we have no problem carrying on conversations NOT about Presley! :) The party was at the Holiday Inn with Johnny's Italian Steakhouse catering it. It was so nice, I love the people and we are so lucky he was able to get in with this company that has done well in these tough times (especially for a construction company!).
Last night Steve went and did some more Christmas shopping for us. Presley and I were going to go, but she was less than cooperative when trying to get her in the car seat. So we hung out at at home.
Today has been a lot of hanging out thanks to the weather! (and I want to take this time to thank November! November with no snow is greatly appreciated!) Laundry, cleaning, Presley and I in our pajamas all day. We did try to take Presley's picture by the christmas tree so we can send out christmas cards....again, she was less than cooperative. No sitting or standing still, no smiles, the exact reasons we aren't paying someone to take her picture!
Steve is out Brock tonight. They are playing private investigators. They are traking down a girl to see if she is cheating on her soon-to-be ex-husband. They were pumped! I heard something about Magnum PI, wearing a wire and how they weren't talking on secure phone lines.....they might be taking things a little too seriously! :) Of course, when you lose the suspect on the way to the destination, that can make things a little more complicated. Though I did just get a text from Steve that says he saw Shawn Johnson and she probably thinks he is stalking her b/c he's seen her 3 times now! Gotta love it!
Tomorrow I'm going with my mom and Holly to Centro for brunch and then to the Civic Center to see Mary Poppins! I'm super excited! I recently exposed Presley to Mary Poppins and she actually watched part of it! I wish she was old enough to go with me and enjoy it. I guess that day will come eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment