Monday, February 29, 2016

Weekend Update

We had another incident with Piper at daycare on Friday.....this time it she was screaming in her friends faces, throwing crayons on the floor multiple times and coloring on the table.....awesome huh? I think she misses her old teacher Abby who left the center 2 weeks ago...about the time all of this started! :(
 
Friday night I met some girls out for happy hour for  my friend Lisa's birthday! We hung out at Bar Louie for a while and then headed to Polk City to meet up with our spouses at Sandbar. It was a lot of fun and a lot of laughs....and we were out until almost 1 am!
 
Saturday Steve got up with the girls, too early for our liking! Then we headed back up to the Sandbar for brunch (and to pick up our other car since we had both cars there). Piper only had one small fit at the very beginning but other than that, they were pretty good. We left and Steve and Piper headed to Fareway and Presley and I went to wash my car and get gas. Once we got home I cleaned and vacuumed the inside of it! Boy did it need it!
Then we basically hung outside! Steve worked on the staining of the concrete around the shed, the girls played with the neighbors and just enjoyed the nice weather!
Then we put the top down on the jeep and went for a drive. We stopped by my parents house and then went to a playground to run off some more energy!
Once we got home we decided that a little quiet time was needed by all us. I tried to lay down with Piper in our bed, Presley laid on the couch with a movie and I think I was the only one to actually fall asleep. We spent the rest of the night playing outside, doing laundry and cleaning.
 
Sunday Presley and I headed to Target for some things and then we didn't do much until the Iowa basketball game at 3, It was just too windy and chilly to try to spend more time outside. So we headed over to Sarah and Kyle's to hang out and watch the game, it was nice...it had been too long since we've seen them and as always the kids played great! We got home later than expected and Steve had prepared to make us an awesome dinner! So while he got dinner ready, I gave the girls baths. We didn't eat dinner until almost 7 (which is late for us!) and it was worth the wait (great steaks, asparagus, mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, corn on the cob and he even made me a creamy blue cheese sauce for my steaks...O.M.G.) I was so full and the calories were SO worth it! :) I might go to bed tonight dreaming about that meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment