Monday, February 8, 2016

I caved.

So, some things I want to say about our new purchase.....
- it's a 2007, so this is in no way a 'new' car. It has 60k miles which is good for a 2007 and was in our my budget. It's silver, so it continues our tradition of having silver cars. (I really wanted army green but that just didn't work out)
- it was on my 2016 goal list to get a new car, I had no intentions of doing it so soon though.
- Steve had sent me multiple pictures of Jeeps over the last week. He has been wanting one of these forever and really increased his sales pitch to me recently (maybe he read my 2016 goal list and thought he had a sliver of hope? He can be smart like that!).
- he got our Equinox 'running' Friday night...meaning it started and didn't die like it had been doing over the last 7 months....however, with bald tires and no air conditioning we just needed to get rid of it.
- Friday night he had to take the Traverse to the Father/Daughter dance so I was left with no car. Could I have driven the Equinox? Sure. Was I going to be the first one to drive it after 7 months of just sitting there? No way, I was not comfortable with that. So at 37 years old, I had to have my parents come pick me and Piper up to join them for dinner that night. Awesome huh?
- it does remind me of my old convertible, soft top, summer car (I really hope the new owners appreciate her as much as I did)..........so I'm ready for nice weather.
- Piper cried the first time Steve put her in it...now it's the only car they want to drive in. They don't fully understand that this truly is our 'other' car...the Traverse is our main mode of transportation with the exception of nice, summer days.....sorry girls! :)
- I'm so proud of my husband for getting his fico score up from 614 10 years ago to a whopping 833!(higher than 97% of US Consumers according to the info we got!) (I will pat myself on the back for this accomplishment since I pay the bills!)

No comments:

Post a Comment