Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Random

- Do you ever have those awkward social moments where you feel that you don't belong? Where you just don't have alot in common with the other people there? Where you get finished with the initial conversation and then you are at a loss of how to keeping the conversation flowing with them? I think everyone runs into these social situations at some point and we have many times even though I think Steve and I can be fairly social people. There are just some groups of people that you can click with and others that are just on a different playing field!

- Amazing!..... http://canyouactually.com/the-notoriously-illegal-4000-step-stairway-to-heaven-in-hawaii-is-pure-insanity/

- Piper is back to her usual shenanagins...this was at 10:15...after starting bedtime at 8.

- Amazon Prime is amazing! I didn't want to give in to the hype but after Christmas shopping online, I find myself going to Amazon to buy things. Things that will be at my house in 2 days. The free online music, movies, they even have the Amazon Pantry if you want food shipped to your house (to compete with stores who are now doing this!) All of this awesome convenience just helps support our laziness busy-ness!

- Piper picked out a purple shirt and purple pants to wear yesterday (two different shades of purple). I told her she had ALOT of purple on. She looked at me and said 'The pants are purple. The shirt is violet.' Um..ok!

- Generation Next has a program that gives up updates on the kids, the classroom, what food they eat and any other info you might want. The teachers can also take pictures and upload them so the parents can see them! I LOVE this!!!! I wish they had this when Presley was there! They took this picture yesterday (notice her 'violet' shirt) and they are coloring the 'I LOVE YOU' sign...the problem with this is that I'm pretty sure Piper thinks she colored a 'ROCK ON' sign.
-The last season of American Idol is on! I've been watching this show since the beginning. It's the only show that I dvr and actually watch consistently! I'm going to miss it! So many good singers have come from this show (more than The Voice!)

- Have I mentioned how much I love Stitch Fix? You pick your clothing 'style' on their website, answer many questions about what types of things you like, you pay $20 and they ship you 5 pieces. These pieces can be clothes (shirts, pants, jackets), purses, jewelry...whatever you like!

You get the 5 pieces, decide what you like, send back what you don't! The $20 you paid upfront gets applied to whatever items you keep, if you don't keep anything then you lose the $20. No other shipping fees or hidden costs.

I'm getting my 8th fix next week and have kept something from each one. Sometimes one piece and once I even kept all 5 (which of course they offer a discount if you keep all 5!) I prefer to not like all 5 pieces, I don't want to spend the money! :)

It's perfect for someone like me, who just doesn't get the time to go shopping very often. Plus they send me things that I wouldn't normally try on! So it's nice to get some different pieces.  You can ask for certain items to be included, you can tell them you HATE things like floral and they will listen to you! You can set up your fixed to come once a month or once a year! Try it. Love it.
https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/5605334

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Thanks for sharing.
    I purchased Gun Control T Shirt. On time delivery.
    http://patriotdeal.com/products/gun-control-shirt Use this code "PD10"and save 10%.

    ReplyDelete